Page Fault non paged area error when display connected to Geforce Card port

vps85

Broken In
Problem #1 : System is auto restarting inbetween windows 7 boot screen throwing BSOD with the following error message and creating a dump.

Page fault in non paged area.

Only when the display is connected to Geforce card port. It works fine when the display connected to Intel GMA output.

Intel core 2 duo 2.2
Intel DG33 FSB Desktop board
nVidia Geforce 8600GT 256mb gddr3
2 GB @ 800mhz ram
PSU-Zebronics ZEB 400W

OP
V

vps85

Broken In
Paging file is in C drive.

I have manually set initial size as 4096mb and maximum size as 8192 MB
Available space in C drive as of now is 4GB out of 20 GB.
OS windows 7

This error happening only when display connected to geforce port. As soon as windows boot screen comes system is crashing. I see a huge memory.dmp file 1.98 GB in C drive..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As is often the case, there's more than one possible cause. The non-paged area of your memory is a section of the RAM that's not backed up on the hard disk. It's reserved for vital tasks. Either your RAM is not working properly or some other program is interfering with it.

First suspect would be your RAM. Try removing and reseating it. Even if the cause is poor contact at the RAM slot, from many practical experiences with many computers, I find that just pressing the RAM in the slot often does not work. It's best to remove the RAM, clean the contacts and insert it again.

Another possible cause is your gfx card driver. If reseating the RAM does not work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the nVidia drivers.

If neither of these work, test your memory with memtest86. If you're not familiar with memtest86, I described how to use it and also gave the d/l source a few days ago in this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/130641-need-expert-advice-immediately.html

There are other possible causes, but these will do to start with.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Paging file is in C drive.

I have manually set initial size as 4096mb and maximum size as 8192 MB
Available space in C drive as of now is 4GB out of 20 GB.
OS windows 7

This error happening only when display connected to geforce port. As soon as windows boot screen comes system is crashing. I see a huge memory.dmp file 1.98 GB in C drive..

Set your page file to 1.5 x total hardware ram. See what happens. Also reseat the ram connectors, blow a few times into the empty docks.

Top Bottom