P4 with dual core?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

My friend is getting a pc assembled for 25k. So he went to a shop to figure out a proper configuration. In the configuration given by dealer, the processor was a Pentium4 2.6 with dual core. I thought that only pentium D and Core 2 Duo had dual cores. Is it possible for a Pentium 4 to have dual cores? Similar thing was stated by few other shops. I need you opinion on this.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I think the dealer ment the Pentium D 805 coz its dual core and is clocked at 2.66GHz........but I don't think there is any dual cored p4...

But no of of getting a Pentium D its cr@p...coz the 2 cores cannnot even communicate with each other...directly...

So get a C2D....

OP
K

krazyfrog

He clearly wrote P4 with dual cores on the quotation given to my friend. Similar thing was done by the other shops. How could have they all gone wrong?

sweetricha07

Broken In
hi, i think u need to check with the vendor again and be clear with him regarding the model of the processor besides it being a P4. i suggest your friend should go for something supporting EM64 tehcnology and unless he is planning for consummating virtualization and not overclocking he should take a single core processor.

altimate

Broken In
Hey man don't believe those VENDORS CRIPPLES
They r out there 2 make money
Search on the intels site and then fix ur configuration and then buy

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Pentium 4 CPU's had Hyper Threading technology in them and Pentium D CPU's are more of a Dual core revisions of Pentium 4.What your friend might have got is the D805 version on the Pentium D series which clocks at 2.66Ghz & which is the starting point of the Pentium D series.They would mostly bundle this CPU with a D101 motherboard which has a ATI Xpress 200 chipset.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Most of them call Pentium D as Pentium 4 Dual Core, at least that's what happened to my friend. Just ask them the price of the processor, that should give you the idea whether it is Pentium D or Pentium 4.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
I have come across a Big intel dealer who had ZERO knowledge of hardware. When asked if he deals in AMD X2 he replies X2 is old now is age of X5/X6. I was like WTF !!! :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^the best is yet to come.Some actually believe that Pentium 5 and 6 are already out in the US.Screw any knowledge of Dual cores.;)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Pentium 4 does not have any model with dual core.I think the dealer confused Pentium D for pentium 4 with dual core.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
Cool G5 said:
Pentium 4 does not have any model with dual core.I think the dealer confused Pentium D for pentium 4 with dual core.
naaahhh....they are two separate categories...Pentium 4dual core and D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom