P4 vs C2D, which is the best for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajU
I AM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THE DIFFRENCE ABOUT P4 & C 2 D PROCESSORS.

Can one explain what is the diffrence between P4 and Core 2 Duo processors(like some where I read that- 2.13GHz E6400's performance is better than P4 3.4GHz)? How is that possible?
Which type of processor do you prefer:- C 2 D xxxxx or P4 xxx for a High & Mid Range gaming computers & why?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
786 said:
I AM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THE DIFFRENCE ABOUT P4 & C 2 D PROCESSORS.

Can one explain what is the diffrence between P4 and Core 2 Duo processors(like some where I read that- 2.13GHz E6400's performance is better than P4 3.4GHz)? How is that possible?
Which type of processor do you prefer:- C 2 D xxxxx or P4 xxx for a High & Mid Range gaming computers & why?
Core2Duo is the latest line of processors from Intel.

They will beat P4 or Pentium D no matter what the purpose of the PC. :D

2.13GHz will be more powerful than P4 because it has two cores each running at 2.13GHz so it will be more powerful than P4 running at 3.4GHz :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
For the reasons you will have to search around a bit. There were a couple of threads around in this section(am too lazy to search for those today), they did explain in quite simpler terms as to why even a C2D processor with lower clockspeed can anyday beat a P4 with way higher clockspeed.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^Yep. There should be a sort of Javascript alert which pops up when one signs in stating "C2D is better than Pentium 4"...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
you can find similar topics here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53343
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52912

there may be few more...plz do a small search

OP

RajU
tech_your_future said:
For the reasons you will have to search around a bit. There were a couple of threads around in this section(am too lazy to search for those today), they did explain in quite simpler terms as to why even a C2D processor with lower clockspeed can anyday beat a P4 with way higher clockspeed.

Hey "tech_your_future", Don't be so rude, I have searched but there are so many threads to find the actual answer but I got my answer, Thank u.

OP

RajU
tech_your_future said:

Hey "tech_your_future", Don't be so rude, I have searched but there are so many threads to find the actual answer but I got my answer, Thank u all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom