P3 Mthbrd Prob.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello Guys,

My neighbour has P3 system, just for his kid. yesterday he changed cabinet but now it doesn't boots up....i mean no power supply at all. I checked all da connectors, found well as they sud be, I myself replugged them but no power supply when I press power button.

guys, wht sud be da prob?????????:rolleyes:

his system config is:
PIII 700Mhz
256MB SDRAM
40GB HDD
Smg DVD+R

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
tell ur neighb to chec if mb put in cab proper
tht means no shortin with the cab. make sure them scrw is proper screwed

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
guys, i hv tried a lot as described above but nothing happens....I replugged all the connectors but I failed....:(

my neighbour thinks that I m genius in computers but I m now myself proving the foolishness.:D

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think the old pc doesnt like the new cabinet and so refused to stay there

you might want to take a look at the power switch connector which is connected to the motherboard...that might not be connected properly...consult motherboard manual...or connect it the other way around...

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
@dhanusaud ..... aisa hi hota hai ...... ideas work 4 ur pc only & public pc`s just refuse 2 co-operate ......

happened with me 2, everytime ijat ka kachara .... so now i have stopped visit ppl 2 help in their pc problems ......

:D Really I respect your comment.

Last sunday, my friend called to see his HP Presario Desktop PC. Damn...wht a hell he have maintained his system. PS2 connector for mouse was completely damaged & he said to setup XP SP2 in his system. Okay I did it but without mouse system was useless for him. Oohh..I forgot about USB Mouse....now his problem is solved by USB Mouse...thank god, izzat ka faluda ho jata. :D

Anyway, guys I said my neighbour to upgrade system. He will manage for the same soon.

Ranjya

Broken In
This new cabinet you are using will not have P-3 ATX power supply.
Use new cabinet but old power supply.
It could even be a AT power supply (Rarely)
Things will work then.
Even i tried a ATX P-3 PSU on My AT mobo with ATX connector
refused to power on.
Try the Old PSU.

Renny

Padawan
What is the mobo manufacturer and chipset?

Maybe you've connected the Power-Switch wire to the wrong place or something like this.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
What is the mobo manufacturer and chipset?

Maybe you've connected the Power-Switch wire to the wrong place or something like this.

Mate,

I m hardware engineer, why sud I do minor stupdity. I looked deeply yesterday...found board was cracked. I mean my neighbour has applied his energy formula, while mounting in new cabinet.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
hai la .....

these mb`s r very delicate ...... i just freakout while handeling them ..... coz any small gaadbad then u endup paying more 4 repairs ......

so thats y i have stopped handeling ppl`s pc internal .... khali peeli aapne par ? aata hai & public blame karne ko ready rehate hai .......

i agree..:D but I can't stop repairng public coms..

Renny

Padawan
@dhanusaud

Well atleast now maybe you're neighbor will upgrade his PC ;) ,

Well the so call "hardware engineers" who came to install my friends PC put a jumper in the wrong place and screwed up the whole mobo, even in the case of experts anythings possible dude ;) .

acewin

Point Blanc
well if he says he is a hardware engineer it certainly would mean something he is not a self learned mechanic I think, heehe.

dhanusaud you realized things quickly, that your neighbour is a muscle for hire, I think.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
@dhanusaud

Well atleast now maybe you're neighbor will upgrade his PC ;) ,

Well the so call "hardware engineers" who came to install my friends PC put a jumper in the wrong place and screwed up the whole mobo, even in the case of experts anythings possible dude ;) .

I agree with you pal but regarding connectors i m expert. Rest i m not expert but i m too gud instead.

Renny

Padawan
Once I helped my friend install some software, his HDD already had some bad sectors and he got a BSOD and he blamed me for ruining his OS! :D .

meghdut

Right off the assembly line
did you check the power supply, see whether it works or not. connect one black power point to the green one and see whether the fan moves. if it does the ps is ok or else it is kaput

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Once I helped my friend install some software, his HDD already had some bad sectors and he got a BSOD and he blamed me for ruining his OS! :D .

yeah mate,

sometime it happens. whenever you say the fact, user don't believe us, instead they blame us.:D

did you check the power supply, see whether it works or not. connect one black power point to the green one and see whether the fan moves. if it does the ps is ok or else it is kaput

buddy,

you sud scroll above, I hv already said board is cracked...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom