Overclocking my gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Ventura

Broken In
I overclocked my nVidia GeForce4 MX4000 card in Windows XP using Powerstrip and Artifact Monitor, when i start the PowerStrip to check the
engine and the memory speed it shows that it was overclocked

My question here is i have a dual booting with Win98 in C:\ and WinXP D:\
should i do the overclocking for the Win98 again

Because when i start the Powerstrip in the Win98 it gives some message
and does not show the speed of the gfx card

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well if u are overclocking the gfx card from within whidows..then u will have to do it in both the OSes....

The version of powerstrip must not be compatible with 98 ...so get the older version....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
A piece of Advice: As the older cards are turning to be useless nd will be same for the future,,,oc it for max performance we can get from it until it dies nd get another.
Using coolbits I oced my old MSI MX 440 8x from 250/400 to 400/600 nd noticed very good perfomance increase nd its doin its job nicely.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Using coolbits I oced my old MSI MX 440 8x from 250/400 to 400/600 nd noticed very good perfomance increase nd its doin its job nicely.

150 MHz on the core .. and 200 MHz on the mem. will surely bring about a noticeable performance increase on any card ....

y shudn't we mess around with mx?

Well .. if the heat sink is passive then ... coz then the core tends to get very very hot ....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Oh yes ,it has got an active fan nr i regularly cleans it after detaching them nd Ive also setup an 80mm fan at the base of the cab facing the card(which works like the Antec V cool Gcard cooler lol)..

mario_pant

In the zone
ok guys...
i have a XFX GeForce 5200 FX....
shud i use coolbits?
i really want better performance from this card...
i mean, has anyone tried it on this card?
Curious
m_p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom