Overall Nice Rig for 30-35k

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: All latest releases of games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Assassin's Creed 3 and so to come Battlefield 3, GTA V, Saint Rows IV. Work related like data processing in MATLAB, LabVIEW. Watching HD movies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30k + 5K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7, already have.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Atleast 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I like big screens. Would definately want to buy a 23-inch screen if it fits the budget.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers, Keyboard, Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2-3 Days.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune. But surely I can buy stuff online if I get a better deal and assemble it myself.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: It's not important for games to run in Extreme Quality. But I should be able to get a decent medium level graphics on 1920*1080 resolution with playable fps. Also, I need to know about the screen response time. I read response rate of <5ms are good for gaming monitors. Please comment.

shawn301287

Broken In
PROC[i3(3225)] - MOBO[Gigabyte B75M] = 12k
G-Skill 4GB = 1500
Seagate 1TB = 3000
Cabinet [ NZXT Source 210 Elite] = 2000
Screen [ Dell ST2220 21"LED] = 8000
PSU [ Corsair CX430V] = 3500
GPU[ MSI 7770 ] = 8000
LG ROM = 1k
this exceeds ur budget, however dont get anything lower than this if u want to make sure u gettin something that is future proof.
my suggestion - skip the GPU, gather those extra bucks and get it a month later

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel i3 3220 - rs 6700

Gigabyte b75 - rs 4000

Wd cavier blue 1tb - rs 3900

Corsair cxv2 430w - rs 2600

Corsair vengance 4gb - rs 2000

Dell st2240L led ips - rs 8500

Nzxt gamma - rs 2500

Saphhire hd 7770 1gb - rs 8000

Total rs 38,200

this is minimum you should get

OP
puneetgarg

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
It's mentioned that SAPPHIRE HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB GDDR5 requires a 450W PSU but @ASHISH65 and @shawn301287 has recommended a 430W PSU. Also I asked a question about the response rate of Monitor i.e. I read <5ms is good for gaming. Is it true?

Do I also need a UPS also? Which UPS should be good with the above configurations. Also I need my other devices like mobile and tablet to work with Wi-fi. So which router can I buy with the above configuration.

thaluageek

Broken In
It's mentioned that SAPPHIRE HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB GDDR5 requires a 450W PSU but @ASHISH65 and @shawn301287 has recommended a 430W PSU. Also I asked a question about the response rate of Monitor i.e. I read <5ms is good for gaming. Is it true?

Do I also need a UPS also? Which UPS should be good with the above configurations. Also I need my other devices like mobile and tablet to work with Wi-fi. So which router can I buy with the above configuration.

Dude, HD 7770 Will work just fine on CX430, norrmally GPU vendors recommand much high watt PSU than required,of course they do it just to be on safe side
REsponse time less than 5 ms is not really imp,you wont notice BIG diff in 2ms and 5ms monitors
and Be specific do you wnt a router or you just want a PC with Wi-Fi connectivity enabled . . .

OP
puneetgarg

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
Dude, HD 7770 Will work just fine on CX430, norrmally GPU vendors recommand much high watt PSU than required,of course they do it just to be on safe side
REsponse time less than 5 ms is not really imp,you wont notice BIG diff in 2ms and 5ms monitors
and Be specific do you wnt a router or you just want a PC with Wi-Fi connectivity enabled . . .

Hey thanks for clearing those doubts. Well I don't know much about Wi-Fi connectivity. All I know is I have a Broadband cable connection and would want my PC, Laptop, Tablet and Phone all to share that connection. So, I can do that by turning on Wifi on my laptop, tablet and mobile but what about PC? Will I need a router or a Wifi card in my PC that will be able to share connection through maybe connectify on all other devices?
PS - I will be inserting my internet cable in computer and not on laptop. Rest of the 3 devices will be secondary and PC will be primary.

And I also want to know that do I need a good UPS as well for system protection against sudden voltage cuts. If yes, which UPS should I buy?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hey thanks for clearing those doubts. Well I don't know much about Wi-Fi connectivity. All I know is I have a Broadband cable connection and would want my PC, Laptop, Tablet and Phone all to share that connection. So, I can do that by turning on Wifi on my laptop, tablet and mobile but what about PC? Will I need a router or a Wifi card in my PC that will be able to share connection through maybe connectify on all other devices?
PS - I will be inserting my internet cable in computer and not on laptop. Rest of the 3 devices will be secondary and PC will be primary.

And I also want to know that do I need a good UPS as well for system protection against sudden voltage cuts. If yes, which UPS should I buy?

Buy a good Wi-fi Router with a RJ45 port and connect the RJ45 cable coming from your MODEM to the Wi-fi ROUTER. Now It will broadcast the internet wirelessly. To connect the PC with the Router without using any USB Wifi dongle is also possible. Most of the Wireless Routers comes with multiple LAN ports, connect one of them with your PC and connect the other devices through WI-fi. For brands, look for NetGear, Tp-Link, D-Link etc.

What is your budget for wifi router??

Shiva

OP
puneetgarg

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
Guys hows BENQ G2420 HD? What are the pros and cons of this monitor. I'm impressed because it's 24" and available for approx. 10k. Would you recommend me to buy it?

Guys hows BENQ G2420 HD? What are the pros and cons of this monitor. I'm impressed because it's 24" and available for approx. 10k. Would you recommend me to buy it?

If your going for that monitor then you cannot get a decent GPU without exceeding budget. Hence recommend you to stick with ashish's config.

Shiva

OP
puneetgarg

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
What's the problem with gaming then? On both 22" (suggested) and 24" (asked) monitors I'll be gaming on 1920*1080 resolution, what difference does it make then?

What is your budget for wifi router??

Shiva

Whichever is the cheapest available but should work just fine without giving any troubles.

What's the problem with gaming then? On both 22" (suggested) and 24" (asked) monitors I'll be gaming on 1920*1080 resolution, what difference does it make then?

Whichever is the cheapest available but should work just fine without giving any troubles.

If you invest 10k on a monitor, then you can not get a good GPU . Then you will be left with a great monitor displaying low res. games and low frames per second as you can not get a good GPU with out going way overboard on your budget.

Shiva

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

you won't have any money
left for the GPU

thaluageek

Broken In

Anytime Bud

Ashish's Config is good but it is slightly going over budget of Yours,Can you increase your budget to that much? then again if you are going to get a good wi-fi router it'll also cost at least 1.4 k,
your thinking about wi-fi card and sharing internet over it with connectify is money saving:-o,You can get a usb wi-fi adapter in just 700 Rs. plug it in Your PC,Connect Rj-45 Cable to your PC and share internet with other devices over wi-fi usb adpter,But Be advised each time you have to get a connection for your TAB,Cellphone you have to turn on either your Laptop or PC:|

dusu94

The Rock
I think u should go for this config:
Processor: Intel i5 3450 Rs.10115
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-B75M Rs.3720
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma Rs.2500
Hdd: WD 1tb Rs 3900 or 500Gb Rs 2900
GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB Rs.8201
Psu: Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt Rs.2405
Ram: Corsair 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz Rs.1620
Dvd Rw: Asus DRW-24 optical drive Rs 1220
Monitor: Dell st2240L led ips - rs 8500 or Dell 20"-rs 6500
With 20" monitor and 500 gb hdd Total amt.=Rs.366780
and
With 22"monitor and 1 Tb hdd Total amt.=Rs.39680
These price have been coated form various online websites mainly Amazon.com and flipcart.com

Top Bottom