OS X Leopard delayed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I just looked at some screenshots of Leopard latest build. & here is the thing, for gods sake Apple, this is year 2007, that UI was good for 2001 but it look toooo blend, what the hell are they thinking with Leopard, atleast just don't screw whats it already good to some extent.

Just look at that toolbar, Buttons with toolbar bubbles....just who is working in Apple design team today? This is toooo 2003. They did the same mistake with Apple Mail in Tiger, & now they are doing the mistake all over, simple toolbar buttons which on mouse hover change the color state or brighten up are the way to go. But not toolbar bubbles. Or better yet, something like this which I made for my website (any programer available here? :D)

Normal State

*img480.imageshack.us/img480/4104/normalsz0.jpg

Mouse over state

*img468.imageshack.us/img468/6755/mouseoverqg8.jpg

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
And that is absolutely shameful on Apple's part. They screwed up. I am not ready to believe in absolute bullshit that Apple does not have enough resources to concentrate on two projects at once. It is so frustrating.
After all the fun they made of Microsoft over the delays of Windows Vista, it is amazing that they even had the guts to post this on their website. I suppose Microsoft engineers must be having a hard time controlling their laughter now.

May be its not fair to make fun of any one , we should give them time if it helps them to deliver a better product. So wait , may be they don't want you to be more disappointed then you are feeling now.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, they should not have given us a date on which they could not deliver then. It is downright frustrating, that's all. I was so looking forward to getting my copy of Leopard in June.

amanbandla said:
wooo wooo wooo. Is that you Arya?
pathiks said:
^^ yea man... arya... is that u??? btw nice to meet the new you... :D :p
Yeah, it is me. :p
But you should know that fans are always the harshest critics. If you are a fan of Hrithik Roshan and he does a really bad movie, you'll be much more disappointed than people who hate the guy. :)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
aryayush said:
Well, they should not have given us a date on which they could not deliver then. It is downright frustrating, that's all. I was so looking forward to getting my copy of Leopard in June.

I understand your frustration but the delay in only 3 months na. You waited till now, wait for another few months. I personally felt that they should not have given weightage to iphone instead of leopard but as I said before delaying a new version of existing product is better than delaying hot and new product.

Pathik

Google Bot
but the thing is that apple is such a big company that it isnt possible that they didnt hav the workforce to concentrate on two products.-iphone and leopard.. The real reason is something else..

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
pathiks said:
but the thing is that apple is such a big company that it isnt possible that they didnt hav the workforce to concentrate on two products.-iphone and leopard.. The real reason is something else..

Yes. It could be something else. May be they don't want to release both at the same time. or maybe there are some bugs in Leopard. May be they are adding something more.

[From Engadget] Patent app hints at iPhone controlling Mac, iTunes

*appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parse...uter"&OS="Apple+Computer"&RS="Apple+Computer"

Pathik

Google Bot
oh awesome.. Remote controlling macs.. Ll it be thru bt or gprs?? Or thru ir..? Like the iremotes

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm, remote controling Macs, it is so far just a rumar. Having a patent does not mean this exect use.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
iPhone: Harder to Build than Apple Thought

now, This makes me a little bit nervous.

Reports that Apple has moved more hands to the iPhone team may mean yet another product launch delay for the company

by Arik Hesseldahl and Olga Kharif
Technology
The Coming Virtual Web
Microsoft Aims to Outshine Adobe's Flash
The Virtual Meeting Room
I Was a Second Life B-School Student
Digital Suburbia
Story Tools
post a comment
e-mail this story
print this story
order a reprint
digg this
save to del.icio.us

The announcement that Apple would delay the release of its newest version of Mac OS X, known as Leopard, didn't surprise many people. A rumor suggesting such a delay was imminent had been circulating for weeks.

But Apple's (AAPL) Apr. 12 statement that it has redeployed some of its software engineering and quality assurance personnel away from Leopard to the team working on the June launch of the iPhone suggests that some last-minute problems are cropping up and raises questions about whether Apple has had to push back the iPhone release, if only by some weeks.

*www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2007/tc20070413_247721.htm

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
And that is absolutely shameful on Apple's part. They screwed up. I am not ready to believe in absolute bullshit that Apple does not have enough resources to concentrate on two projects at once. It is so frustrating.
After all the fun they made of Microsoft over the delays of Windows Vista, it is amazing that they even had the guts to post this on their website. I suppose Microsoft engineers must be having a hard time controlling their laughter now.
I've said it before -- Micro$oft released Vista because they had to. They compromised a lot of features to release when they did. Still Vista is pretty buggy. OSX, Tiger, on the other hand does not have the security problems that plague Windows XP. This is the first delay of Leopard. While it may be somewhat disappointing to wait until October, it's better than a really buggy upgrade.

Of course, it stinks that Leopard’s release has been pushed back a few months but Tiger is still the best OS out there (sorry, Vista) and will work as well in July, August, and September as it does today.

Yes. It could be something else. May be they don't want to release both at the same time. or maybe there are some bugs in Leopard. May be they are adding something more.
Absolutely. Leopard currently has a long list of bugs (see *www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/04/12/apples_leopard_still_plagued_by_lengthy_bug_list.html). If Apple would release a buggy OS, it would be worse than not releasing the OS itself.

Hmm, remote controling Macs, it is so far just a rumar. Having a patent does not mean this exect use.
Most Macs come with the Apple Remote and the Front Row software. That uses InfraRed. But bluetooth and wifi are built-in on macs too.

Heck, Apple hid a 802.11n wifi support on all Core 2 Duo macs.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
I guess Apple needs to pull out the iPhone fast, before competitors get there and its novelty lost. Leopard on the other hand improves upon Tiger, which still holds the title of "the best OS" (According to me) so they don't neeeed to put leopard before the iPhone.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
goobimama said:
I guess Apple needs to pull out the iPhone fast, before competitors get there and its novelty lost. Leopard on the other hand improves upon Tiger, which still holds the title of "the best OS" (According to me) so they don't neeeed to put leopard before the iPhone.

Agreed.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
I guess Apple needs to pull out the iPhone fast, before competitors get there and its novelty lost.
Yup. Apple really needs to bring the iPhone on time. If Apple fails, it will receive criticisms from everywhere, and may not be a much successful product even though of such hype (perhaps like the PS3 -- selling like cake at the beginning, and later, the sales going slow as hell.)

Leopard on the other hand improves upon Tiger, which still holds the title of "the best OS" (According to me) so they don't neeeed to put leopard before the iPhone.
Yes, I too agree that OS X is still the best OS.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pathiks said:
oh awesome.. Remote controlling macs.. Ll it be thru bt or gprs?? Or thru ir..? Like the iremotes
Uh.. that would be nothing new. I used my W550i as a remote control for Mac OS X all the time. The feature is already built into Tiger. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Remote controling a Computer by Mobile phone is possible since Bluetooth 1.0 days & any bluetooth HID profile complient device. I have been using my K700i + bluetooth adapter + IVT Bluesoliel software since 2003in Windows XP, & now use K750i with it as remote in XP/Vista. Granted it does eats a lot of battery but it is a good feature if your watching a movie with computer hooked to TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom