Os Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
if u r new to Linux, then it is better to dual boot with Windows XP and SuSE. Ofcourse SuSE is a very easy to use linux distro and powerful. u can burn a SuSE distro from ur local dealer and try it.

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
Thank you for your reply hafees! I recently tried Mandrake Linux from the digit DVD! To me, it sucks!
Have you tried it? What do you think about it?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Satissh S said:
I recently tried Mandrake Linux from the digit DVD! To me, it sucks!
To me Wind0ws just sucks big time! Its so wierd to understand and so difficult to configure. Mandrake is one of the good distributions around and its very easy to install.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Mandrake is one of the good distributions around and its very easy to install.

Ill defintely agree to that, its the only Linux Distro which I was able to install without any problems. My opinion would be to go for Linux :D

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
GNUrag said:
Satissh S said:
I recently tried Mandrake Linux from the digit DVD! To me, it sucks!
To me Wind0ws just sucks big time! Its so wierd to understand and so difficult to configure. Mandrake is one of the good distributions around and its very easy to install.
Sir! I am saying this because i'm unable to find a solution to this prob...! Plz help me !
1. I installed mandrake lnx with some minimum features and when i tried to install the others using the cntrlcntr it simply hanged! Also the boot loader it installed didn't get removed even after i formatted my hard drive..
2. No linux seems to work in my computer except the mandrake....
Fedora installed well but it threw up an error that read similar to this...
a1 g2 k3 ....blah blah blah similarily a set of string with malfunction usb config probing or something like that. it happens with every distro! :roll: :roll: :cry: :? :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

demoninside

In the zone
U hv installed mandrake with least install,

like using winxp without any services installed,

any way try mandrake with normal install or SUSE,
both r very nice & user friendly distroes....

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Sir! I am saying this because i'm unable to find a solution to this prob...! Plz help me !
1. I installed mandrake lnx with some minimum features and when i tried to install the others using the cntrlcntr it simply hanged! Also the boot loader it installed didn't get removed even after i formatted my hard drive..
2. No linux seems to work in my computer except the mandrake....
Fedora installed well but it threw up an error that read similar to this...
a1 g2 k3 ....blah blah blah similarily a set of string with malfunction usb config probing or something like that. it happens with every distro!

You'll get more responses if you post the question in the Open Source Section. Also I think in order to remove the boot loader you can just do a fdisk /mbr command to remove it , but check with thers in the Opensource forum before doing so.

tuxfan

Technomancer
How about a customised Indian distro based on Fedora? PCQ Linux 2005. It came with PCQ of March 2005. You can still get it from *www.pcquest.com or get 3 CDs and come to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom