Orkutians, don't misunderstand your Friend. It might be a copied friend profile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Recently there have been cases where some people would copy your photos from your profile and create a new profile with your name and your photo. They send offending messages to your contacts. Infact this happened to me. I received a obscene testimonial from my friend. Upon enquiry, my friend said that he never wrote the testimonial! Link to that thread

So, if you have received or might receive any offending messages from your friend name, you should know that it may not be his/her.

After making such a lot of friends ... nobody will wanna spoil the friendship... so just send this on as I did...

I suggest that u guys pass on this message to all your contacts because this thing is quite possible on Orkut.

Source: Email [Edited]

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
hey man this happened with one of my friends a long way ago .. its preety common now on Orkut......

Pathik

Google Bot
@kiran thats not cos of a duplicate profile but cos of some virus or trojan.. Did u check th user id of both the profiles?? They ll b the same only

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
^^^ The name & photo was same. I am not sure about the ID. I can't check the testimonial now becoz it's already deleted. But yes, it can happen due to virus too - similarly like that of Yahoo messenger virus.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Orkut is considered a threat by many.
Yeh Pathiks user id is something that should help ppl fight this.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Facebook is much better in this regard. It only allows your friends to view your profile. Orkut has a lot of useful communities, but, in general, allowing strangers to view a person's profile is not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom