orkut browsing issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Off lately I have been noticing that the Site Orkut does not work properly, at least with IE 6 that I have.
Some most frequently noticed issues are

Scroll bars do not work
Search does not work
Site keeps giving ‘Operation Aborted’ message in IE.

Has anyone faced similar issues?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Its several months that IE 6 is outdated. Don't blame orkut if it does not work properly with IE 6

[On one of my online services site, I do not even allow IE 6 users to login into it. They are told to switch to firefox or upgrade IE. Also, no technical support is provided for IE 6 issues :D]

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Anti M$ or Lin Fanboy :D :razz: JK
Well, IE, regardless of version is a PITA.
We have formed an internal policy that "Because IE 6 is not upto-the-mark, discourage it." Ofcourse every site may not be able to do this because they may lose visitors. But with our website, the people "pay" to use the services. So, if they want to utilize their money, they have no choice but to use what we recommend, or be frustrated with IE.

Infact, we will soon incorporate in our TOS that we shall not provide support for technical issues resulting from use of outdated stuff(esp IE). We are very clear that we do not want to waste time with buggy software written by someone else. Also providing support for such issues sends a wrong signal that you are encouraging people to use that buggy software!

:D

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^ what service do you guys provide which people have to PAY for ??

[sorry for going offtopic]
^Its an online examination software for an institute. The money is paid by the institute on behalf of students. And it is compulsory for the students to write exams through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom