orkut and gmail doesnt opens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzaan

Broken In
hi guys..

i have this problem and i hv tried searchng in google for references bt no help.

I am using hathway connctn in bangalore and am not able to open orkut and gmail.com

i chckd my firewall and its off and m nt blckng any sites. gmail opens sometimes so does orkut but most of the times orkut simply doesnt open. when i try to open orkut.com it jst keeps wrkng and finally ask to download and save a file 'orkut.com'

m currently chckng for virus.

also i tried it on IE, firefox and opera same problem

I called up my ISP wala, bt they say they r nt blockng any sites...

Also i can open gmail via gtalk. also can access orkut via powerscrap.com but nt directly!!

plz help...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
hi guys..

i have this problem and i hv tried searchng in google for references bt no help.

I am using hathway connctn in bangalore and am not able to open orkut and gmail.com

i chckd my firewall and its off and m nt blckng any sites. gmail opens sometimes so does orkut but most of the times orkut simply doesnt open. when i try to open orkut.com it jst keeps wrkng and finally ask to download and save a file 'orkut.com'

m currently chckng for virus.

also i tried it on IE, firefox and opera same problem

I called up my ISP wala, bt they say they r nt blockng any sites...

Also i can open gmail via gtalk. also can access orkut via powerscrap.com but nt directly!!

plz help...
Its an ISP problem. I used to face this with VSNL for some other sites. The sites did open through a web-proxy but not directly.

rakz

Broken In
Go to \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open hosts file with notepad and c whether the two sites are listed. if its listed den remove it and save.

OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
i also called up my ISP ppl. they culdnt help. they said thy r nt blockng sites. i chkd on google n some ppl had the same problem. a few have suggested refreshng dns server. it tried tat too, it ddnt work fr me.

also, i realized only those particular sites m nt able to access nw, which i had been using very very frequently.. like orkut n gmail.

any help.. are still wlcm

jal_desai

In the zone
Clear your browser's cache totally (passwords, history, etc) and then try to open orkut. You said it tells you to download a file called "ORKUT.COM".. tht means your browser faces a problem displaying a site. Always keep 2-3 browsers installed and check in each one of them.

paroh

Padawan
Try to ping the site go to run->cmd-> ping www.google.com
Try to clear ur browser temporary file, history and and cookies.
Try to flush the dns cache go to run->cmd->ipconfig /flushdns

use opendns server primary 208.67.222.222 secondary 208.67.220.220
How to set dns server in windows xp refer to this
*www.opendns.com/start/device/windows-xp
for other os refer to this
*www.opendns.com/start/computer/

Last edited:
OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
and please use proper english on your next post

wat the fck....!!
i hope this is proper english.... moron..
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
thanks rest of u guys fr ur help.

i jst stopped usng orkut n gmail for few days.
nw .....its running fine.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
anzaan banned for a week for improper conduct on the forum. And yes, please use proper english when you post. We are not fans of sms lingo.

Krow

Crowman
Banned today? Why so late? He probably disappeared off after his prob got solved and probably wont come back until the next one pops up.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
The post was reported yesterday.. Anyway, let him come back.. If he repeats his behavior, he will get a permanent ban..

maryjohn

Right off the assembly line
Hey dear ..

just try to
clear your private data...
clear cookies,
check out your browser setting as well as go to run-> cmd -> checkout ipconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom