Optimus l9 vs attrix 2 vs samsung s advance

dixit8611

Journeyman
Hello i want to buy a new phone under 20k

1. Budget?
below 20k but stretchable to 22k if something exceptional is out there.

2. Display type and size?
No particular preference for Amoled or IPS but atleast 4 inches should have very good
clarity for everyday use and hd gaming, hd movies etc.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No such choice

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Front facing and primary camera should be decent ( don't want ground breaking still image clarity but hd video recording with good clarity is a must and no preference for 1080p 720p is just fine)

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G wifi gsm.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
No such preference as this is my first phone so suggestion are welcome

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
multimedia, gaming, internet, lots of texting

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Moto attrix 2, samsung galaxy s advance, Lg optimus l9

12. Any other info that you want to share

My main considerations other than above are.
Fast performance ( i hate lags )
Fast GPU to play HD games.
Decent battery life.
Don't want any silly things like network problem, call drop, silly battery life or anything else which can make me feel why i have spent 20k ?
It should support USB on the go.
1080 p video playback is preferred.
My personal preference is L9 as it has a larger display, powerful cpu, gpu and 1 gb of ram as compared to samsung.

Some other things i would like to know.
What is the difference between amoled and IPS in terms of clarity, color reproduction, viewing angles and sunlight legibility ?
Is there any disadvantage of having low internal memory ? Can i transfer large games to external card without rooting especially in L9 ?
Is there anything special samsung can offer over LG L9 ?
Thanks in advance.
:)

Last edited:

shawn301287

Broken In
Wud request u to have a look at indian brands, Micromax a110 bein the most powerful out of the lot. wil cost u 10k, and since ur first fone, will serve all ur opinions and wud a fantastic one as well..
1Ghz dual core, Mali 400P, 4GB internal, 512 RAM, 5" IPS display, ICS, large 2000Mah battery, 5mp rear 720p. vga front, plays 1080p in software mode of mx player
s advance has some flaws as far as i know..
l9 is a good one except for the fact it has 1GB ram, but 4GB inbuilt!!! all installations in android goes to internal, o rootin is the other option.
so a good ideal and best fone for u for doin literally everything is s2...
My suggestions, look at a110 since its just 10k and perfect to get u thru android, take ur time, decide...

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
Wud request u to have a look at indian brands, Micromax a110 bein the most powerful out of the lot. wil cost u 10k, and since ur first fone, will serve all ur opinions and wud a fantastic one as well..
1Ghz dual core, Mali 400P, 4GB internal, 512 RAM, 5" IPS display, ICS, large 2000Mah battery, 5mp rear 720p. vga front, plays 1080p in software mode of mx player
s advance has some flaws as far as i know..
l9 is a good one except for the fact it has 1GB ram, but 4GB inbuilt!!! all installations in android goes to internal, o rootin is the other option.
so a good ideal and best fone for u for doin literally everything is s2...
My suggestions, look at a110 since its just 10k and perfect to get u thru android, take ur time, decide...

I have considered micromax a110, in fact my decision of buying a smart phone started with a110 lol... But the main problems which are holding me back are
Lack of costumer support as all service centers of micromax are not repairing a110 ,only selected service centers are able to honor the warranty and i do not live in a metropolitan city.
Its screen resolution is quite low for 5 inches screen and its overall size is also large as compared to rivals ( will look like a tab in hand which i don't want )
Its dual core processor is performing lesser than the aging single cores out there.
I am not saying it is a bad phone in fact it is spectacular for its price range but considering the fact that i have 20k so why should i buy a under performing phone (compared to l9 and s advance) with poor screen resolution.
And its gpu is not mali 400 it is sgx531.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
L9 & Atrix 2 has almost identical hardware but L9 ships with a bigger display. If you have problem with Micromax A110, well L9 is pretty big too.

Otherwise i'll pick check Xperia SL at homeshop18 superdeals. Selling for ~23.5k just for today.

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
+ 1

Question should be Xperia P or Optimus l9
xperia p is priced at 22k on flipkart moreover it has slightly smaller screen, old processor which is showing lag while browsing ( i have seen one video review on youtube) and the display is inferior as compared to amoled and IPS ( reviews says so)

L9 & Atrix 2 has almost identical hardware but L9 ships with a bigger display. If you have problem with Micromax A110, well L9 is pretty big too.

Otherwise i'll pick check Xperia SL at homeshop18 superdeals. Selling for ~23.5k just for today.
L9 has higher screen resolution plus its dimensions are almost (1 * .5 ) inches smaller than A110 so its size is fine for me. Do you think xperia s is worth spending 4k extra ?

perplexed

Journeyman
xperia p is priced at 22k on flipkart moreover it has slightly smaller screen, old processor which is showing lag while browsing ( i have seen one video review on youtube) and the display is inferior as compared to amoled and IPS ( reviews says so)

display is inferior ? LOL

AMOLED screen is not much different than LCD screen.. it has it's advantages in terms of power consumption but BRAVIA display engine of sony is a class of it's own..

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

L9 has higher screen resolution

well, 4" screen of xp is pretty comfy for one hand..
resolution of l9 = resolution of xp = 540x960
both have dual core cortex a9 1ghz..no lags while browsing n scrolling..:)

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
well, 4" screen of xp is pretty comfy for one hand..
resolution of l9 = resolution of xp = 540x960
L9 has higher resolution than A110, that's what i meant.

*reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/sony-xperia-p-red/4505-6452_7-35396720.html

what weak cpu they are talking about ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
old processor

this. doesn't matter old or new, if it has Cortex A9/Qualcomm Scorpion then it is decently fast. Even Samsung Galaxy S3 is powered by Cortex A9 quadcore (named Exynos quad).

the display is inferior as compared to amoled and IPS ( reviews says so)

There is no criterion that AMOLED is best and LED is worst. Motorola Atrix 2 has one of the best displays under 20k yet neither is it AMOLED or IPS. It is a conventional LED unit with RGBW matrix.

Do you think xperia s is worth spending 4k extra ?

with Xperia S you get:
4.3" LED display so not really big even with the extra dimention.
32GB internal memory and as internal memory is always fast, so this helps a lot in case you record videos at Full HD. no external memory card support but that is fine i guess. 32GB is overkill anyway.
12MP camera and most probably use Sony's own Examor sensor and usually Sony's camera quality is better thanks to their own expertise in this field + better lenses.
Android 4.1 coming in Q1 2012 + Sony has announced some open source program so one should be able to get custom rom that is actually approved by Sony itself.
HD resolution and cause the display is comparatively smaller at 4.3", the pixel per inch almost reaches 350. Only 30k+ mobiles cross the 300 ppi mark. So doesn't matter LED or IPS, the quality will be lot better.

BRAVIA display engine of sony is a class of it's own..

bravia engine may backfire. it is a display tech/software after all.

actually Xperia P is powered by ST-Ericsson Nova Thor dual core processor (has a pair of Cortex A9 cores ticking inside) and among all Cortex A9 based processors (Samsung Exynos, TI OMAP, Nvidia Tegra) it is regarded as the slowest. Still it is more than powerful to handle the screen resolution of Xperia P. Should even handle 1080p playback.

bhushan2k

Sony Xperia P Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

as Sam said, it's not that much weak buddy..if u start to compare it with krait cores then it's definitely weaker than that..
and it seems the phone was running on gingerbread on cnet site..ics has brought pretty decent optimizations on xperia p..

see this xperia p vs one s browser comparison..n let me know if u found any lag on browsing..:)

before u ask why yellowish tint on xp, read what uploader written over there:
they are both on very low brightness ~20%. It's hard to get a good video in a dark room with full brightness and this is not a screen comparison video.

i suggest u to get xperia s if u can manage 4k more..u will have all the advantages as sam said..

so is one s too a good option..:)

Last edited:
OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
Thank for your input guys, i have finally ordered optimus L9 because i got it only for 16500 :-D from homeshop special deals and i don't think it is wise to spend extra 9 k to buy another dual core with smaller screen so no xperia s for me.:)

Last edited:

perplexed

Journeyman
Thank for your input guys, i have finally ordered optimus L9 because i got it only for 16500 :-D from homeshop special deals and i don't think it is wise to spend extra 9 k to buy another dual core with smaller screen so no xperia s for me.:)

50% more CPU power, HD screen over qHD, 16x digital Zoom compared to 4x in L9, 32GB internal over 4GB, 12MPx over 5MPx ? and what not...

Anyways, for 16.5K the configuration is more than worth it :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

only 16.5k. awesome pricing. congrats. enjoy :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
50% more CPU power, 16x digital Zoom compared to 4x in L9

50% more CPU Power? please now don't start comparing clock to clock. 50% extra clockspeed mayn't even bring 10% performance boost and lastly 12X digital zoom? try 4X zoom and check the end result.

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
50% more CPU power, HD screen over qHD, 16x digital Zoom compared to 4x in L9, 32GB internal over 4GB, 12MPx over 5MPx ? and what not...

In that sense why not to spend 2k extra and buy optimus 4X HD .:) you will get 64 gb expandable storage slot, bigger IPS display with HD screen ,bluetooth 4, 720p from front camera,quad core ,16 gb internal,2150ma battery and ......its never gonna end.:)

only 16.5k. awesome pricing. congrats. enjoy :)

Thanks.....

perplexed

Journeyman
50% more CPU Power? please now don't start comparing clock to clock. 50% extra clockspeed mayn't even bring 10% performance boost and lastly 12X digital zoom? try 4X zoom and check the end result.

nvm.... ...

Last edited:

bhushan2k

congrats buddy..hope to see the review soon..it would be great to have review of optimus l9 for others who wish to buy phones under same price bracket....:)

mitraark

Decrepit
I don't mean to demean the Xperia S but

50% more CPU power,
Processor running at twice the speed doesn;t actually result in twice the power

HD screen over qHD,

234 ppi of L9 4.7" is worse than Xperia S 342ppi on 4.3" but it is a good display

16x digital Zoom compared to 4x in L9,

Digital Zoom is not really an important feature, yes the 12 MP will result in better digital zoom but 16x zoom might have been useless for 5MP pictures.

32GB internal over 4GB,
This is one shortcoming of L9 which makes people cringe he most, although many are advising to move apps to SD Card..

12MPx over 5MPx
[/QUOTE]? and what not...
12MP is far better than 5 MP , definitely, but it's a mobile phone after all, the 12MP is also not comparable with an actual digital camera even of the entry level.

Top Bottom