Optimize FF!! Here's how I've done......

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Firefox 1.0.2 is the latest version of the most popular freeware and open source browser. This is the browser which literally made me away from IE. This browser is not just the best (Opera fans won't agree here but read on), it is the most secure and boldest of all. With extension such as Adblock (which made me stick to FF in spite of the fact that Opera 8 rocks),Tabbrowser Prefs and more, it does not only makes surfing easy, but much more safe and less irritating (when ads are blocked with AdBlock). Following are the ways I've used to tune up FF and make it even faster than it really is.

1. I prefer FF over Opera as it makes Yahoo! Mail Ads-Free and quick (with AdBlock Extension and my version of blocklist available at *www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/adblock.zip ). However, Opera may load pages faster, but it downloads all the swf ads and all ad-related iframes which will result even worse.

2. For further optimization of FF, you will need to download "FireTune" FF tuner from the link below
*www.google.com/search?q=Firetune+download+majorgeeks
This will help a lot.

3. One of the major problems with FF is its loading and operating speed. This can be quickened by the help of my FF Compressor which can be downloaded at *www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/ffcomp.zip
This will really improve the loadtime of FF as it compresses all the EXEs and DLLs.

4. There is another FF speed patcher which is intended to patch FF to improve your surfing speed. It is called "FireFox Patcher" and is available at *www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/ffspatch.zip

Any more FF optimizing tips, post here.

aadipa

Padawan
Few cents by me.

Add the plugin to display font color toolbar in yahoo and hotmail mails. I am in office so i don't have the url, but search.. and u will get it.

Also use plugin named Stumble-up to kill time. :)

rexi

Right off the assembly line
It Works

I have tried both FF optimizing and it is working Gr8, but patch for the speed of browsing is not working, because the link given is not connecting, Thanx for posting such a useful patches

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Re: It Works

rexi said:
I have tried both FF optimizing and it is working Gr8, but patch for the speed of browsing is not working, because the link given is not connecting, Thanx for posting such a useful patches
Sorry man.........
Ok if you have applied other patches, i don't think it will be necesary........
But if you want it, here's the URL again:
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/ffspatch.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom