Optical Mouse Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi all today suddenly my mouse died...

it isnt working .. i mean the red light underneath lights up and works as it should .. responses to the movement..but no response on the screen..
i checked the cords... nothing..

wht should i do.. i am working thru KB.. please help/..

should i have to change the mouse???

slugger

Banned
try re-installin d drivers. also try changin the surface on which it is moved and c if it helps

if it does not solve then if its under warranty ge it replaced, else..... post back if none of those ar helpful

we will think about it again for other solns :)

chicha

High without substance...
drivers, for mouse?
if its really old one then it has come to an end.
my 4 year old samsung mouse died one day like that. :D

slugger

Banned
LOL!!!
i forgot dat an optical mouse in all likelyhood wud b a USB mouse

check d device manager also - if it is tagged in yellow den check wat message it is givin in Device status

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Hey Guys what about my problem with mouse........?

when ever i do single click automatically it takes double click...
example: when i do a single click to select a file, its automatically gets open

2 years old samsung optical mouse

How can i fix this....?

@naveen : Nothing to do. Just get it replaced, if its under warranty else, well replace it :) mine also got dead just a week b4 in same condition. Hardware market is going towards cheaper, but cr@p products, thanks to china for its 'great' manufacturing industry.

@qadirahmed : You also dont have much to do, try opening the mouse and cleaning the click sensors. The problem that naveen is having and what are having are two of the biggest problems, specially with usb optical mice, dunno why these happen, but they happen suddenly and i till now have got no success in repairing these. They just die out this way, either by not showing any motion suddenly with everything else working, or the double clicking problem, that becomes unbearable with time and makes the mice virtually useless. Get a new one, thats what i can say.

slugger

Banned
r u sure u haven't enabled this

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/6923/mouseta6.gif

There is an option that you can enable - Prevent accidental double clicks

i forgot where i had found it :D. if u enable it may sove ir proble

but in all likelyhood it is nearing the end of its life

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
drivers, for mouse?
if its really old one then it has come to an end.
my 4 year old samsung mouse died one day like that. :D

i think this is wht happening ... 4 years now .. and virtually dead...swapped nother mouse (logitech)... working fine...

wht shall i do now ??? warranty.. forget it .. there is nothing ...

slugger

Banned
OFFTOPIC

wats wrong with the mouse being made today? - people havin to relace it after 4 yrs of use :confused:

i'm still using the 3-button logitech mouse that came with my first computer in 98-99

it works so flawlessly that i never had to change it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom