Optical Drive not working properly

ajay_mukund

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys, This is my first forum discussion. I'm facing some weird problem with my optical drive. Lets tell u about my configuration first. I have a hp Pavilion dv4-2113tu entertainment notebook pc. It has hp CDDVDW TS-L633N model optical drive installed. This year, I happens to bought 2 digit editions, July and October editions, but none of the DVDs are running in my optical drive. First I thought that may be DVDs are faulty, hence checked the same in another system, but their, they are running perfectly OK. Even more for my amusement, scratched CDs/DVDs are running successfully in my system. I visited hp service center and they too can't find any solution to my problem and keep insisting on re-installing the OS again. hence I raised the matter to hp customer service and they told me to un-install and then re-install the optical drive device driver and after that, delete "UpperFilters and LowerFilters" from the registry. I followed the procedure but I can't found any "UpperFilters and LowerFilters" in the registry. Please help me out through this or should I go through the same old ways, re-install the OS again? One more thing to add, old editions digit magazine dvds are running perfectly ok.

frankeric

Journeyman
hi did you try to run any other cd dvd in your pc because most of the time there will be some cds which dint run in some pcs.

OP
A

ajay_mukund

Right off the assembly line
hi did you try to run any other cd dvd in your pc because most of the time there will be some cds which dint run in some pcs.

Hello, Yes! I have tried other cds/dvds, infact, almost all the functions were executing perfectly i.e. reading, writing, label print etc. Badly scratched dvds are running almost smoothly, but NOT DIGIT Magzines DVDs. Even the earlier issues of Digit magazines were also running perfectly, but not this year's Digit magazines DVDs. I tried same DVDs in other pcs and laptops and they run perfectly OK.

Top Bottom