opera tab issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taken

Journeyman
hi,
i have opera 9.1 installed in my win XP pro SP2 computer and using it and liking it too. but here i have a little problem, whenever i click a link, the link opens in a new tab (which is normal) but the clicked tab becomes the active window. other browsers do the other way round with the main page being displayed even when link is clicked. how can i set this opera feature act as other browsers??? i.e. the clicked link must not be the active windows unless one exclusively clicks the tab to view the contents.

any help out there?????

regs

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Keep ctrl + shift pressed while cliking on the link (or right clik on link and select open as background tab) .. this way it is open as background tab and wont steel focus.

sakumar79

Technomancer
You can also click with the scroll button/middle button of the mouse instead of Ctrl+Shift+Click or through Right-click menu. This is easier

Arun

OP
T

taken

Journeyman
thanks for the re and i did get ur point. well, to add on, is there any method of setting by which the click on link can be activated like other browsers rather then going R.Click and selecting the option (open in background tab) everytime.

regards

sakumar79

Technomancer
Did you read my post? Just press middle button/scroll button on the link. No need to right-click, etc.

Arun

OP
T

taken

Journeyman
sakumar79, so silly of me not to notice that point. i got ur suggestion and sure thanks for the re as it did really help me out. am now comfortable with the opera issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom