Opera Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitall Charisma

Hey there all, I'm back with a problem for u to solve.
This it is :----------

I run Opera 7 and while installing it (long time back) I clearly remember it to boast about being "java supported". But tis not so now. Whenever there is a javascript to be opened I have to use IE. That is reopen the page and if its a big one you know the rest of the story.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It'll be really of great help. Please someone post a solution..

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
see if java is enabled from preferences.

why use opera 7 when better versions such as opera 9tp2 have arrived. :!:

i say u better chk it out. its way beter than ver7.

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

I don't know about the new versions that is how they fare. I tried Opera 8 (when Opera still wasn't free) and felt quite uneasy specially with the tabs.

Anyway i'll try v9. Can I get it on the Digit DVD/CD??

parthbarot

In the zone
use opera 8 instead bs it is better then v9 regarding speed of browsing...i trie both and then written here..

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
parthbarot said:
use opera 8 instead bs it is better then v9 regarding speed of browsing...i trie both and then written here..

opera 9 tp2 is way better than ver8 in terms of features and speed. tp2 is provided on the april DVD.

rk

Broken In
Digitall Charisma, did u have sun java package installed
if so,
simply run opera ,press F12 , a window will popup and then select enable java there....

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

Yeah rk I do have sun java package installed (JRE and JDK afterwards).

Anyway i've installed Opera 9tp2. Interface is good but havn't put it to the ultimate tests. But there's one little hitch. In opera 7, if you clicked on a tab it used to get minimised but here in opera 9 it doesn't, it remains open. Yeah that may not be a big problem but we use opera for multiple browsing capability right? Your going to get puzzled if 15 - 20 tabs are kept opened and u can't minimize the required ones.
Help me plz...

rk

Broken In
Digitall Charisma said:
But there's one little hitch. In opera 7, if you clicked on a tab it used to get minimised but here in opera 9 it doesn't, it remains open.
Help me plz...
Digitall Charisma,
it seems you want opera7's "tab interface" on opera9[ which was defaulty changed from v8 onwards]

for this =
uncheck =Show close button on tabs in Preferences Menu

to go to preferences, click tools-->preferences

if you have some other queries regarding opera , you can ask them, i 'am using opera for more than 4 years
but currently i'am going out of town, i'll answer them when i'am back ,or you can also pm me

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

I send my apologies to Indyan for not being able to convey myself properly.
I send my straight-from-the-core congratulations to rk for understanding my problem and hitting upon the right solution. BRAAAAVO!!!

For someone who loved Opera but had to resort to IE it seemed as if it was a divine punishment for a grave offence (none that i can recall). And now it feels as if I have returned from exile.
Opera tp2 sure looks promising but yet to discover it capabilities. I'll let u all know.

Thanks to all of you out there for posting in your valuable comments and even those who have but just merely glanced this topic.
If there is someone from 'Opera Software' out there i'd like to let u know that here is another Opera addict.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, to minimise tabs on click, you need to go to Preferences->Advanced. Under Tabs, check option "Click on tabs to minimize"

Arun

Raiden Bee

Broken In
press f12 to see if java is disabled. You may have the SUN microsystems CEO code for you but if Java is disabled then its no use :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom