opera download help

Status
Not open for further replies.

techpro_bunty

Broken In
hi geeks!
i'm using opera7.51. I want to know how can i download files in opera using a third pirty download accelerator such as fresh download or mass downloader. which is the best download accelerater for opera and for internet explorer? thanx. waiting 4 a smart response.

wraj

Random Scribbler !
buddy..opera's download manager is more than enough for the smaller downloads...say less than 2 to 3 MB...but if u are still hellbent to install athird party dn'load manager...i (personally)opine u to go for GetRight...ive been using it for last 2 yrs without any glitch...install getright n go to tools > getright configuration >more browsers n check the opera's option and u r done....even after that when the links doesnt follow up to the getrigt ,u manually copy the URL of the file which you wish to download...if the file is followed by the links like .exe,.zip,.mp3 etc then the getright's 'save as' window will itself popup allowing u to get started with ur download...but if the file type (extension )is new to the getright ,then go to get right n press ctrl+n n enter the desired url this will start downloading...u can even edit the file types to be handled...for this go to tools > getright configuration > types and options and follow the window...CONTACT FOR MORE IF U'RE STILL HAVING SOME PROBLEMS...rest u ll learn thru experience
regards:
aamit wraj

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
techpro_bunty said:
i'm using opera7.51. I want to know how can i download files in opera using a third pirty download accelerator such as fresh download or mass downloader. which is the best download accelerater for opera and for internet explorer?
Opera always has it's own download manager, if u want a thrid party accelarator, then u need to have plugins which will normally available in the browsers homepage (or maybe in the download accelerator homepage).

I use download express, which works with IE or maxton.

So if u need to download stuffs, then use maxton (or IE), for browsing u can use opera.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
i dont think theres a third party dload manager available for opera.
i think it;s own manager is decent enough.
for large dloads,nothing can beat DAP.but u will need 2 use I.E.(a real pain} :cry: :cry:

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
DAP is the best!
A plugin dapop.dll is available in its directory of plugins. U need to copy it to the opera plugins directory and then it seems it works...

It did not 4 me! :oops:

Neeraj

Broken In
well nowdays all download mangers are good well i use leechget 2004
it is the best well if u download it also download its plugin for opera then u can use it directly with opera browser u will find both the program and the plugin at their website

vysakh

Padawan
right click on the link of the file u want to download
select copy link address
go to a third party downloader like flashget and add it as a new download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom