Open any program from "Run..." Dialog box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Discovered this recently while tinkering around in system folders....

Just copy the .exe file for the application u want to launch and paste it's shortcut in Windows folder.Give it a relevant name and you are done.

Now just go to Start>Run..,type the name u gave to the shortcut in the dialog box and the application shud open.:wink:

mahendraraut

Broken In
It will not run all the programes everytime. because they may require some supporting files that may located in there instalation directory, i mean to say, in programe files. (isn't it? I think so).
otherwise setting environment variable is ideal

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
In Windows Vista just type the name of the Program in the Search Bar ...

Like suppose for MS Word, type Word even when u reach Wor, the 1st on list would be Microsft Office Word, and press enter now, MS Word will launch, same with any other program :D

*img210.imageshack.us/img210/8629/untitlediu8.jpg

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
most famous applications run from run box directly... notably... notepad.. wordpad... photoshop... firefox... winrar... even mayb... word... frontpage...

To make others run directly... make shortcuts to the application file.. and place in Windows folder... easiest way to access programs... my choice... always.. until Win Vista's program integrated search came.... :D
Here too there is a problem... it searches only for those applications whose shortcuts are there in the All Programs menu... otherwise.. on pressing enter.. it searches by default for the name in all the drives... so portable programs & those who u dont want in the program folder... they r not goin to be detected directly.

I think i already discussed this in the forum...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom