Only *some* WinAmp moders skins don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have Win98SE with WinAmp 5.07. I can display some modern skins so its not a lite version.

I tried downloading some more modern skins from the WinAmp site. After the file is downloaded, I am even able to install the skin. But when I switch over to the new skin, I am thrown back to the WinAmp classic skin.

What confuses me is that some of those downloaded skins work, some doesn't!! What could be wrong?

I suspect that the skins files (.wal) are not downloaded properly. But then what could I do to download them? I tried Firefox as well as IE6.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bro..i too had the same problem..seems that these skins use some features of XP..like rendering , Font smoothin...etc etc.. thats why u r thrown back to classic skin..when u try to use these...

Calcatian

Journeyman
:lol:
features of XP..like rendering , Font smoothin...etc etc..
*scosoft.com/s/i/3eb8d772.gif

It's simply bout transparency/opacity of the window/form which 98 does'nt support. on older versions these skins used 2 hang WA - n so now they've added this workaround :!:

Calcatian

Journeyman
This here is a case where no one can help 'em unless u kno a trick that wud allow system wide support 4 transparency/opacity with Xp compatible lo-levl instructions :!:

So here is a workaround:
Simply try loading the skinz in XP, & if Luna or other styles are making u nostalgic, turn off themes service - GUI would look like 98 :lol:

*scosoft.com/s/n/46affa9d.gif I'm always ready 2 help... where u can b helped :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom