Only one OS but it has dual boot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I had xp installed on my c drive . I recently reinstalled xp on c drive again after formatting it . Now whenever during starting windows , at the boot screen there appears 2 options for me to select the operating system . Both these options are of windows xp . If i select the first option then windows starts normally but if i select the second option then pc restarts again .It is really frustrating to select the os from 2 options when there is only one os present .Is there any way so that i can delete the second option and windows starts without the boot screen .

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Boot from Windows XP CD ... Select to repair .... and then you will be asked to enter your admin password ... do it... then execute this command
'fixmbr'
the problem will be solved...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
start -->> right click my computer -->> properties -->> advance -->> startUp and recovery -->>setting -->> Edit

A notepad will open with text something like this:
Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Delete the line:

which is not working.

Must make a restore poin before editing this...and be careful while editing.
Dont delete the working windows path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom