Online storage data recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted

Right off the assembly line
i had an xdrive online storage account which has now been closed and i lost all my data.
is it possible to recover data by any chance?:(
please help.
thanks in advance.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Contact the service owner. They *may* have a backup and he *may be* willing to to take some pains for you.

OP
D

deleted

hi victor_rambo
how can i contact the owner of xdrive because the contact information was only given in the site itself and that site is closed now :(?
please help.

thanks

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^I don't think that they will help you. They had asked all users to retrieve their data by a given date, and if you didn't do so, it's your mistake.

OP
D

deleted

actually i was never informed about xdrive's closure through my email id with which i had registered for xdrive account. it was only a few days after the closing date of xdrive, i came to know this.
is there any way i can try and recover my data because i have very important documents and a lot of family photos stored there?
please help.
thanks.:(

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Pretty much impossible, unless you happen to know a guy who works at Xdrive's server room. :) I lost tons of online photos after Y! photos shut down its service to make way for Flickr. Thankfully, I had an offline source of backup.

P.S.: Check out Dropbox for your online storage needs.

OP
D

deleted

thanks ecstasy for your quick reply.
but problem is that the webmaster email id was put only in the xdrive webpage which is now not available. can you help me finding the email id?:(
thanks

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Run a whois on xdrive. However, since AOL owns the entity, it's unlikely that you'll get the direct contact.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
I tried finding out and this is what i got..

Administrative Contact:
AOL Domain Administration
AOL LLC
22000 AOL Way
Dulles, VA 20166
US
Tel. +1.7032654670
Email: domains@aol.net

Technical Contact:
AOL Domain Administration
AOL LLC
22000 AOL Way
Dulles, VA 20166
US
Tel. +1.7032654670
Email: domains@aol.net

Here is the link to the source ----> *www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=xdrive.com&tld=com

Try mailing them on those 2 email ID's.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Don't blame me for being pessimistic , but why do you think that they will be storing back up of thousands of TBs of data when they are no longer interested in providing that service?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^+1
Actually I had not realized that xdrive was from AOL. I though it must be some so-called Web 2.0 entrepreneur who must have gone bankrupt. So as the situation looks now, this is almost zero chances of recovering, unless they are generous. Sorry mate!

btw, why would one store GBs of backup with them. Its so boring to wait for a file to download/upload, given the low connectivity speeds and other issues in India?

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
i dont understand why you guys are trying to give the op hope that he might get back the data...XDRIVE is closed. ALL data that users didn't back up is GONE.

even if one of you were sitting on DB with TB's of data, I'm sure you wouldn't take any pains to retrieve it for anyone...

and come to think of it, since the service itself was closed down, i think the company would have even moved all the human resource that it might have allocated to it...

OP
D

deleted

hi guys
you and i tried everything to get back my data, i also sent an email requesting them to help me retrieve the data but i have not yet got any reply from them and now i have given up all hope of retrieving my data.
my data R.I.P!:(
thanks guys for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom