Online Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Hi Digitians,

I am deciding to Create A Forum so which type of forum I should choose I mean to say I should go for MyBB or VBulletin or PhpBB ... help me and the thing that u choose plz post its advantage..i think MyBB will be the best :D what u all say.?

Note: I wanna create a Technology Forum. Just similar like this Digit Forum :D

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi Digitians,

I am deciding to Create A Forum so which type of forum I should choose I mean to say I should go for MyBB or VBulletin or PhpBB ... help me and the thing that u choose plz post its advantage..i think MyBB will be the best :D what u all say.?
First of all what kinda forum u want to create....
And my choice id PhpBB .... SM is also good one....

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
I wanna create a Tech Forum..secondly MyBB provides a lot of plugin system by which u can access whole control over forum (I think this is abscent in other like PhpBB or Vbulletin) and if u say PhpBB then post its advantage and how it beats Vbulletin and MyBB and thirdly what is SM ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I wanna create a Tech Forum..secondly MyBB provides a lot of plugin system by which u can access whole control over forum (I think this is abscent in other like PhpBB or Vbulletin) and if u say PhpBB then post its advantage and how it beats Vbulletin and MyBB and thirdly what is SM ?
Dude, i am using phpBB and looks cool for me and till now i haven't faced any problems... So i suggest u... U suppose to post the advantages of phpBB over others, rather than my personal experience.... Huh....

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Dude, i am using phpBB and looks cool for me and till now i haven't faced any problems... So i suggest u... U suppose to post the advantages of phpBB over others, rather than my personal experience.... Huh....

cool for you doesn't means cool for others...i say mybb is cool for me then..donot start war please...

Please post what is best along with the advantage so that I can establish a good forum...

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
^^ I am not saying anything bad to u..thanx for ur suggestion..i will surely keep PhpBB in mind..any more suggestion is welcomed here...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I am not saying anything bad to u..thanx for ur suggestion..i will surely keep PhpBB in mind..any more suggestion is welcomed here...
:D
SM is also a good one to consider.... I once setted up it for my friend and just forgot to keep in touch with him..
if u read SM website u may find some new ideas that'll justify them as a good one... Just read that and u may get some good idea....

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
If you want professional looks,professional templates and millions of mods and have 175$,then get vBulletin
If you want just lots of mods and some good themes get phpbb3
If you want simple (no advanced features) but good bulletin board , get myBB,SMF

For your forum to gain popularity,it is recommended that you get some domain name First.

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
If you want simple (no advanced features) but good bulletin board , get myBB,SMF

MyBB provides some gr8 funtion that are unavailable any other type...plugins...check that..

For your forum to gain popularity,it is recommended that you get some domain name First.

Will come up with this later on in this thread...

@Gigacore
Did MyBB 1.4.2 provides anything like Moderator Control Panel as I know that in older version it is absent..??

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
MyBB provides some gr8 funtion that are unavailable any other type...plugins...check that..

Will come up with this later on in this thread...

@Gigacore
Did MyBB 1.4.2 provides anything like Moderator Control Panel as I know that in older version it is absent..??
If you want a free domain name (.com,.net,.org ,etc) and you are willing to place one banner ad and a text link,then you could try *www.hyperwebenable.com/ For Getting your free domain name :p

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
If you want a free domain name (.com,.net,.org ,etc) and you are willing to place one banner ad and a text link,then you could try *www.hyperwebenable.com/ For Getting your free domain name :p

Thanks....for the site link.. I am waiting for gigacore reply than I will edit my first post and so a new help will be derived..so help me then..I am going for MyBB..

Last edited:
OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
^^ Plz don't start posting thread of other forum It was discussed when MyBB 1.4.2 wasn't released...and i prefer not to surf any forum rather than digit because all other tech forum sucks but digit rocks..

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ Krazzy Warrior,

* Yes I am using myBB for my forum.
* Mod CP is there from 1.4.0

The most interesting thing is the AJAX powered quick reply, just like digit forum sported few months back. dunno why all AJAX based feature is disabled here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom