Onkyo HT-S3400 Problem

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Hello Mates,
I just bought this product and having some issues while playing games and watching over movies, hearing songs while remaining connected with internet..
The sound is getting a glitch , as like its getting stopped for some 1 sec and starting again, very awkward .
Can u please suggest what should i do.

Its working fine with movies or hearing musics while my internet is off .Quality is fabulous no doubt .
I have asus crosshair 5 formula mobo that has 7.1 channel audio and 1 optical out .

I have tried to connect hdmi cable with my graphics card to get the sound output but its not working also

WHAT DO YOU ALL SUGGEST ME TO DO?

Please help

thanks

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this must be some sort of electrical/signal interference issue between Lan chip and audio chip - that's why you are facing it while the net is on. Only way to eliminate this is to either use a separate sound card, or shield the audio chip on mobo -stick a electrical tape on top of it though you need to do it at your own risk.

To use the gfx card's HDMI audio just set AMD Audio driver as your primary audio source.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
bro, just solved the case with your 2nd option.
I bought a good HDMI from market and its all good now but the 1st part is true , its happening due to that interference only and its really bad to see this bugs on a so called top mobo.

anyway, if i attach a good creative x-fi titanium sound card will the sound conversion and quality surely be increased >??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
bro, just solved the case with your 2nd option.
I bought a good HDMI from market and its all good now but the 1st part is true , its happening due to that interference only and its really bad to see this bugs on a so called top mobo.

anyway, if i attach a good creative x-fi titanium sound card will the sound conversion and quality surely be increased >??

for such high end audio setup you better use a discrete sound card.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
@ Topgear ..Ok Bro, But it does not have HDMI output , please see
Asus Xonar Essence STX Xonar ESTX Music Enthusiastic Sound Card Audio Card | eBay

Do You think if i buy this card or this one *www.ebay.in/itm/Asus-Xonar-Essence...tDomain_203&hash=item3cc81fe411#ht_2138wt_924, AND then connect by Optical Out Will That Problem Arise Again ??

I can see so many good asus cards buy i am afriad if i buy and the prob arise again as these cards dont have HDMI ......

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ OP's is a 5.1 setup ( correct me if I'm wrong ) but you are right STX is a stereo card and is more suitable for quality headphone ;-)

@ Arnab - there should not be any interference issue with any discrete sound card but for your Onkyo HT-S3400 get the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
@ Topgear - Fine, I would go for creative but if I want to get a ASUS then which card do you suggest me?

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Fine then I will go for it if my budget allow me. Asus Xonar D2x is a bit costly man.
As i see in ebay it is priced 9k, any idea of local market price?

Also, if i cant then x-fi titanium is my choice. :)

Now also, I would like to know what is a spdif header , and how its connected to hdmi with an adapter .. any idea ??
What is a Spdif Braket ??

Thanks

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ get the Asus Xonar D2X ;-)

You got this suggestion wrong mate. S2X have design problem with its power connector and thereby resulting in the connector getting off from PCB. that's why production also have been stopped long ago.
Quality of D2X is very very good, but not recommended due to the reason stated above.

@OP: X-fi Titanium is the best choice for you IMHO. If you what, you may also search for HD version, which I don't know whether it is available in Indian market or not.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
You got this suggestion wrong mate. S2X have design problem with its power connector and thereby resulting in the connector getting off from PCB. that's why production also have been stopped long ago.
Quality of D2X is very very good, but not recommended due to the reason stated above.

@OP: X-fi Titanium is the best choice for you IMHO. If you what, you may also search for HD version, which I don't know whether it is available in Indian market or not.

Thanks, for the info
No, i dont think its available.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

did not know about the power connector issue - thanks for informing.

Top Bottom