One year on.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
On the 30th of December 2007 I started my work of putting together packages and dependencies as a single zip archive, to enable those without internet connections at-site, to have a decent multimedia experience.

I searched the archives for the thread I started and found this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76971

This initiative grew to include the 64bit version, and then later Ubuntu and it's variants. My work has now become easier due to the availability of VirtualBox, and the capability of zypper from openSUSE 11.0 onwards to support caching.

Anyway, it's been a year now, so much for some of the initial skepticism from some quarters about the long term feasibility of my work. I take this opportunity to thank all of you for encouraging me and supporting my work.

And to all you skeptics, yes I do intend to continue

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/44large.png

unni

In the zone
Earlier, I used to download and use your packages. It is very helpful for those who do not have an internet connection at home. Now, I too have started doing the same thing for my colleagues in office. Thanks and happy anniversary. :)

din

Tribal Boy
Thank you. This is really a great service and above all you are doing it for a long time, really appreciate it.

Congrats and thanks again.

Congratulations. You deserve all the praise in the world for doing what you are doing right now.

Offtopic: what do you pay for that FTP account ?

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Thanks everybody

I am hosting with *www.cheapftpspace.com/
Have a 2 GB account, you can see the rates there. I pay for 2GB plus one extra user. The extra user account is the read only access account I publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom