One of the RAM slot NOT working :-(

One of the RAM slot is not working on my mobo
I have 2 RAM sticks-
1 x 2 GB
1 x 512 MB
MOBO - ASUS P5GZ-MX

I tried evry combination possible...

Conclusion : one of the RAM slot doesn't work...i.e.the system does not boot when any of the RAM sticks is inserted in that SLOT..

Help Please..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If one slot is dead and you are sure about it then there is nothing much that you can do. Use 2GB stick or buy a new motherboard.

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
buddy its better to keep it with you than selling as people will buy completely working old mobo for about 1k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If one slot is dead and you are sure about it then there is nothing much that you can do. Use 1GB stick or buy a new motherboard.

why? he already have a 2Gb stick & can be used on the working slot. 512Mb won't make much of a difference.

@fz8975, i don't see much use going for a new motherboard. use the system for now. if you get a new system later, make it a download rig.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
The reason for not working:-
2 x DIMM, Max. 2 GB, DDR2 533/400/ Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel memory architecture
*Refer to ASUSTeK Computer Inc. or user manual for Memory QVL (Qualify Vendor List)
Source-*www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5GZMX/#specifications

OP
F

fz8975

but i have been using both sticks for more than a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x 2gb + 1 x 512mb =2.5gb RAM
initially it was 512mb the i bought one more 2 GB transcend !!!!

I think it is some hardware problem ...
BTW
tell me a way to update bios other than asusupdate

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
why? he already have a 2Gb stick & can be used on the working slot. 512Mb won't make much of a difference.

Oh sorry, that should be 2GB, not 1GB.. It was a typo. Edited.

tell me a way to update bios other than asusupdate

When you are using asus mobo, the best way to update your drivers, bios is asus-update. It is safe, reliable. So I can not understand why are you try to avoid it?

Top Bottom