OnBoard Graphics not working

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a DVI-VGA adapter/converter may not work with the mobos DVI port and your monitor has no DVI port ?

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
a DVI-VGA adapter/converter may not work with the mobos DVI port and your monitor has no DVI port ?

I havent checked actually the presence of a dvi port on the monitor :p
But why wont the mobo dvi to monitor vga work ? There are convertors for this purpose, right ?

Okay, I checked now. Both, monitor and mobo, have dvi-d ports. :thumbs:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
then you are all set for the test ;-) the reason why a DVI-VGA adapter will not work ? because the adapter requires analog signals provided by DVI-I which DVI-D can't provide.

frankeric

Journeyman
Hi Bro many times when you use a graphic card other than onboard graphic card than bios disable on board graphic card, so you can try to go into bios and enable your onboard graphics card from bios its worth trying.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
then you are all set for the test ;-) the reason why a DVI-VGA adapter will not work ? because the adapter requires analog signals provided by DVI-I which DVI-D can't provide.

All this dvi D's, I's is getting me confused. Let me get the convertor and check once.
Want to avoid asus rma at any cost :(

Hi Bro many times when you use a graphic card other than onboard graphic card than bios disable on board graphic card, so you can try to go into bios and enable your onboard graphics card from bios its worth trying.

Check the screen shots in first post. There is no option at all to enable iGPU. What I heard is that bios disables that option if it detects a dGPU.
After removing dGPU, monitor (connected to iGPU slot) has no display.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
All this dvi D's, I's is getting me confused. Let me get the convertor and check once.
Want to avoid asus rma at any cost :(

Check the screen shots in first post. There is no option at all to enable iGPU. What I heard is that bios disables that option if it detects a dGPU.
After removing dGPU, monitor (connected to iGPU slot) has no display.

I think all you need is a DVI-D ( if monitor and motherboard both has DVI-D ports ) mail connector cable.

Even if drivers are not installed the monitor should give display using basic colour settings..
Just a random idea.. Try booting from an ubuntu cd and see whether display works..

aashish75

Broken In
Since it's UEFI motherboard, you need to change it to Manual option from auto.

With Graphics card on Boot and enter BIOS. Change options where it says AUTO to Manual in Higher level menu. Then reboot now you will be able to see Graphics Options menu. Select IGP.

Now reboot after removing graphics.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Auto/manual choice for what feature ?

Anyway, I'll look into that option once I get back home.

Update: Check the screen shots in my first post. They are all the options I have in the bios related to graphics.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Found a pic which correctly shows what the bios page should look like
*content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/149539-14.jpg

And what my bios actually shows:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachmen...onboard-graphics-not-working-121108110111.jpg

Bent pins ? :eek:

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Dont scare me like that. Either possibilities are bad.
Luckily i dont see a need for the onboard, but rather have it working fine.

aashish75

Broken In
May be you have flashed it with wrong BIOS ? How about removing the BIOS battery and resetting the BIOS to Factory settings?

Top Bottom