OnBoard Graphics not working

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Removed the discrete graphics card(drivers not uninstalled) from the motherboard. Plugged the monitor cable to the mobo's onboard vga slot. I can hear the system booting up normally but nothing is displayed on the monitor. The monitor doesn't show a 'No signal' error message though. At the top left corner of the monitor, a analog/digital message keeps blinking, probably searching for a input signal(?).

I think I am missing certain features in the 'System Agent Config'. Is a bios upgrade required ? Current bios version is 1206, 31/05/12.

Bios settings screenshots.
121108110111.jpg
121108114846.jpg

System config in my signature.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
need more info.what monitor?,which port?,what cable?,did you set onboard graphics as 1st preference in graphics setting?(just like booting device priority setting).

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
If you can , then plug in your graphics card, and then try booting your pc. If it works, then go to the bios settings and set everything to defaults. And after that uninstall the graphic card's drivers, and install the onboard graphic drivers. Maybe it should work.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
need more info.what monitor?,which port?,what cable?,did you set onboard graphics as 1st preference in graphics setting?(just like booting device priority setting).

Moniter: Samsung 2033, VGA cable.

There are no options for setting graphics preference. A video signal is present on the monitor only when using a discrete graphics card.

If you can , then plug in your graphics card, and then try booting your pc. If it works, then go to the bios settings and set everything to defaults. And after that uninstall the graphic card's drivers, and install the onboard graphic drivers. Maybe it should work.

It works with the graphics card in default settings.
Onboard graphics drivers wont load until it is enabled in bios. For that, no options are visible. As per manual, the graphics options should be visible in the 1st screen shot.

Gollum

Collector
lol...Its elementary my dear...corei7 does not have an onboard GPU as it is a quad core with 4 physical cores. Such CPU's require a discrete graphics card to run.

Reason: i7 CPU's come with a new architecture which gets rid of the FSB and introduces QPI. Hence we now have the GPU on the same die/chip as the CPU. and the systemboard just adds extended circuitry for the GPU on board. So when the CPU does not have a GPU on board [like i5 and i7 quads] the monitor connected to the VGA port of the unit will never give display data.

Now you will need either a dual core core i series CPU to give graphics on this systemboard's VGA port or a discrete graphics card to support your i7 quad.

I hope you understood.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
ERR...no
ARK | Intel® Core

@myth..try this...try switching on with GPU slotted in and when in bios check if the options are coming or not...

Gollum

Collector
ERR...no
ARK | Intel® Core

@myth..try this...try switching on with GPU slotted in and when in bios check if the options are coming or not...

SOrry, my bad, I thought this was this was one of the newer ones. If you do look em up you will come to know that some don't give you an option of onboard graphics.
So yes, in your case it could either be the system board or the ram.

try reseating the ram or do a power drain.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Set primary display adapter to: onboard.
and assign the amount of memory for igpu to auto.
Some other solutions:
Try chaging the port from DVI to HDMI or VGA (If monitor have any)

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
ERR...no
ARK | Intel® Core

Tried all combinations, monitor connected to onboard vga, with and without graphics card.
When monitor cable is connected to onboard, there is just no display on monitor. Just a black screen.

With the monitor connected to the graphics card, there are no options in bios to enable onboard graphics(igpu).
A few sites i checked out, had 2 more options (screen shot 1) while I have just 1.

Set primary display adapter to: onboard.
and assign the amount of memory for igpu to auto.
Some other solutions:
Try chaging the port from DVI to HDMI or VGA (If monitor have any)

No option in bios to enable igpu. Infact no mention of it at all.
System boots when connected to onboard slot(i hear it entering the desktop) and there is a sound of an error message. I cant see what it is, since monitor doesnt display anything.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Removed dGPU, uninstalled drivers. Flashed bios to latest.
Booted from onboard vga slot.
Still nothing :(

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Normal vga cable.
Monitor works fine if connected to dGPU.

Reseated proc. Still no change. Monitor refuses to take signal from onboard graphics slot.

Mobo problem or proc problem ?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
try swapping...if cpu works in other board then the board is dead..or if board works with other proc then its the board...

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Thought about that already.
Unfortunately I dont know anyone with a 1155 board yet. Working on that. :p

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I am staying in kol now.
Is there a chance that the mobo's vga slot is not working? Then i can try the mobo's dvi slot.

Top Bottom