Old PC Utilization

daemon1

Journeyman
Most of the computer geek guys upgrade the computer hardware every 2-3 years (may be less or more) and this goes on. I also do something similar and by doing so in recent years I have now 3 different configuration CPU's which are boxed up with no use.

I wanted to know from you people when you people upgrade what you do with old PC's or parts ?

I would like to use the old system parts or whole system for better cause rather they dying in box. For example I have few hard disks of 120, 60 and 40 GB apart from current 1 TB, have AMD graphics card of 4000 series and so on..

Please share your inputs so that everyone who is on same dilemma can use this info.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Donate to a needy person.

There are still many people who don't have the capacity to buy it but want to learn.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i too have one lying around. its hdd has gone kaput that too just after expiring the warranty and hence the whole rig.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Clean them up, try to boot them, if it works, then give it to the needy person. or maybe use it as a media-server or use it for emergencies/backup.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Donate to a needy person.

There are still many people who don't have the capacity to buy it but want to learn.

Honestly, I have already donated one old working CPU and monitor. I would do this again but I also want to be sure that they are of completely no use to me. Donating them is always a option but if I can utilize in some way not just for the sake of using but if I can get something out of it I would be more willing to it.

Clean them up, try to boot them, if it works, then give it to the needy person. or maybe use it as a media-server or use it for emergencies/backup.
how to use them as media server ?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i have given away one full system, one mb+cpu+ram, 3 HDDs, 2 CD Drives, 1 DVD drive, 1 Monitor, 2 Pen drives and lot many CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R media.
one system was left. tried to use it but it seems it doesn't want to start.

Top Bottom