Official thread for Midrange Galaxies (Galaxy phones under 15k)!!!!

123shree

Broken In
Decided to open a new thread on Galaxy 5 because there was no info about it in the forum.

Here are the specs -

OS (stock)
Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair) - Froyo 2.2 Supported via Custom ROM, Gingerbread supported via CyanogenMOD7 (experimental)

CPU
MSM7227 600MHz

GPU
Adreno 200 GPU

Display
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Reslution 240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- TouchWiz v3.0

Memory
Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call records Practically unlimited
Internal 170 MB
Card slot microSD (TransFlash) up to 16GB, 2GB included

Partitions
/dev/stl12 /system
/dev/stl13 /data
/dev/stl14 /cache
boot.img unknown
recovery.img unknown

Sound
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Speakerphone Yes with 3.5 mm audio jack

Data
GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, DLNA
Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP

GPS
Yes, with A-GPS support

Camera
2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels
Geo-tagging, smile shot

Video
QVGA@15fps

Messaging
SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS

Java
Via third party application

Browser
HTML

Radio
Stereo FM radio with RDS

Others
- Social networking integration
- MP4/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Organizer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube
- Voice memo
- T9

Size
Dimensions 108 x 56 x 12.3 mm
Weight 102 g

Battery
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200 mAh
Stand-by Up to 521 h (2G) / Up to 375 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 9 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 30 min (3G)

Rooting Guide-
Just use Universal AndRoot.
*bit.ly/9wAKC5

Want Custom rom's? Just head over to-
*www.forum.g5devteam.com/
OR to be specific,
*forum.g5devteam.com/index.php?/topic/176-galaxy-5gt-i5500-rom-archive/

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Changed the title to "Official thread for Midrange Galaxies (Galaxy phones under 15k)!!!!" as having a separate thread for each galaxy that is launched doesn't make sense and there are already a dozen galaxies in the market.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have noticed app incompatibility in Android phones. Talking Tom works well in my O1 (froyo 2.2)... almost perfectly... but the same app does not work properly in my Galaxy SL (froyo 2.2.1)... it is not responsive enough... Maybe its the difference in resolution... maybe Talking Tom was designed for HVGA only and not properly ported to WVGA... don't know...

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I think Galaxy SL's GPU is not powerful enough to handle Talking Tom on 480*800 resolution.
Talking Tom support almost every available resolution present on android phones. Tested it on Optimus One, Galaxy 3 and Desire.

OP

123shree

Broken In
I have noticed app incompatibility in Android phones. Talking Tom works well in my O1 (froyo 2.2)... almost perfectly... but the same app does not work properly in my Galaxy SL (froyo 2.2.1)... it is not responsive enough... Maybe its the difference in resolution... maybe Talking Tom was designed for HVGA only and not properly ported to WVGA... don't know...

Tom Cat works very well on my Galaxy 5(five)...
.Galaxy SL uses an AMR Cortex A8 Processor, so should expect much more from it....The problem might be due to buddy firmware.(not sure).

Changed the title to "Official thread for Midrange Galaxies (Galaxy phones under 15k)!!!!" as having a separate thread for each galaxy that is launched doesn't make sense and there are already a dozen galaxies in the market.

Good thing Bro...happy about it!!!!!:smile:

doomgiver

Warframe
Official thread for Midrange Galaxies
^ haha galaxies!!!
i dont own a droid, but i like the platform. just hanging around for knowledge

guru_urug

iGoogle
Galaxy 5 with adreno 200 graphics????!!!! :O
I dont think they have msm7227 either! samsung's inhouse SOC are used (correct me if Im wrong)

pls change tht....even galaxy 3(its elder bro) doesnt have dedicated gpu!
Also both these phones are old now..samsung has updated models out like the fit,gio etc. So for the same price look into those models. Or I reckon for 10k go for LG Optimus one, Its the best buy IMO.
Its a good thread for those who have this phone and want to discuss tweaks,roms,apps,etc.... Nothing against it. Peace out \m/

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I dont think they have msm7227 either! samsung's inhouse SOC are used (correct me if Im wrong)

Galaxy5 is faster & can handle games better than Galaxy3. so maybe he is right. but maybe with less ram.

cause it used Samsung's own creation. & Samsung relies on other's GPU like SGX or Mali. which you can't add on a SOC aimed at 10-12k mobile.

OP

123shree

Broken In

Also both these phones are old now..samsung has updated models out like the fit,gio etc. So for the same price look into those models. Or I reckon for 10k go for LG Optimus one, Its the best buy IMO.
Its a good thread for those who have this phone and want to discuss tweaks,roms,apps,etc.... Nothing against it. Peace out \m/

Check this link- MSM7000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This will give you the proof that galaxy 5 has MSM 7227 and Adreno 200 GPU. "Galaxy 5 is also called Galaxy Europa".

guru_urug

iGoogle
My Bad.. :(

I wasnt sure...since I couldnt get the exact procy model wen i searched online for galaxy 5. And since my bro got galaxy 3 and was damn sure tht it didnt have dedicated graphics...I just assumed. Quite a shocker actually.

Anyway I keep learning :) thnks for the info @sam and @123shree

OP

123shree

Broken In
My Bad.. :(

I wasnt sure...since I couldnt get the exact procy model wen i searched online for galaxy 5. And since my bro got galaxy 3 and was damn sure tht it didnt have dedicated graphics...I just assumed. Quite a shocker actually.

Anyway I keep learning :) thnks for the info @sam and @123shree

It's OK man.....Even i was shocked when I saw this....:smile:

Just Tried CyanogenMOD7 on my galaxy 5 and it's really great...
Needs some modifications since some drivers don't work(WiFi,Bluetooth,accelerometer).Still in experimental stage though...
The bad news is that the developer of Custom ROM's for Galaxy 5 has bricked his phone, so have to wait some time for stable release.
Quadrant score -1050
*3.bp.blogspot.com/-JHbFI9VnfpA/Tam3gUMbdlI/AAAAAAAAADg/9U4gHBp6XEc/s1600/DSC00008.jpg
Amazed by this!!!!!!!!:shock:

OP

123shree

Broken In
that must be with stagefright enabled. Still its a good score. :)

Stagefright might be enabled( not sure thought,), didn't find it in build.prop .
But i have seen that Quadrant totally skips the steps 11 & 12 in CPU benchmarking.
Finding a way to disable it.

OP

123shree

Broken In
Anybody who owns a galaxy 5(GT-I5503) and knows C-programing????
C-Programers needed to code multi-touch in galaxy GT-I5503.
If anyone knows C then just contact Motafoca in freenode Web IRC (qwebirc), channel #gti5500.

OP

123shree

Broken In
CyanogenMOD 7 stable coming soon for Galaxy 5(I5503)!!!!!:razz:

Working: GPS, 3G, video, audio, touchscreen, WiFi, accelerometer, compass
needs fixing - camera (can take pictures, but preview is black screen), bluetooth (hardware working, but still need to fix some services), calling (small reboot bug that needs to be resolved)

Quadrant Advanced
1053 points (CPU: 32023, Mem: 669, IO: 533, 2D: 489, 3D: 369)
- note that the IO score will improve greatly when we convert the filesystem from EXT2 to EXT4 and apply the performance tweaks :)

multi-touch said to be enabled by Netzgeist(Russian modder), still don't have the source code to be sure...:sad:

ManInRed

Broken In
I have Galaxy FIT.. and i keep install applications - which i found that its geting installed into the Internal memory..which is only 180MB.

so now i dont know how to get it install in SD card ?

pls help

OP

123shree

Broken In
I have Galaxy FIT.. and i keep install applications - which i found that its geting installed into the Internal memory..which is only 180MB.

so now i dont know how to get it install in SD card ?

pls help

Just go to manage applications and open any app and if the app supports move to SD card then just click on move to SD..OR use an app called apps2SD:)

Top Bottom