Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
How can I prevent gtalk from automatically signing me in when I get connected through my phone ?
I am logged in unknowingly and surprised when people pine me :|

vulpine

Broken In
Can anyone confirm if these bugs are common with your phone too or is it just me

• Sometimes phone wouldn't wake up from sleep mode, i.e there is no response after pressing the unlock button, screen remains off. It wouldn't respond. All I do is remove the battery and restart the phone.
  • After doing this, I get a sign-in error for my google account and most of the app logins are cleared, like twitter app for example.
  • While charging via USB using any USB charger(iPod usb Charger in this case), touch response would go haywire, like when I touch bottom lock unlock circle, top one lights up and henceforth. If I disconnect the cable, it works fine and again when I reconnect and try, the same thing happens. This is only while charging via USB charger, it works normally if I use bundled charger or charging via PC.
Am I the only one facing these issues??

1.Never had such problem till now
2.When I restart the phone, this thing happens. I thought it is required we login ever time we reboot.
3.I use bundled wall socket charger and USB cable provided. No such probs. BTW what to do u mean by ipod USB charger??

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
No such problem!!!

Can u tell me how to make groups in contacts Plzzz.
Also tell me a good free messaging application(as the one in i5700 is very boring)
Can u give me a good free apps directory

one more prob.....

whenever i download any application on my PC.....it gets downloaded in form of .apk.zip
which when i extract find no suitable .apk file.

but when i download the same file on other PC it gets downloaded as only .apk file

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
1.Never had such problem till now
2.When I restart the phone, this thing happens. I thought it is required we login ever time we reboot.
3.I use bundled wall socket charger and USB cable provided. No such probs. BTW what to do u mean by ipod USB charger??
This one

*www.daydeal.com/files/i11/mini_usb_adeptor.jpg

*i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/arlee608/iPod-6.jpg

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
guys i need a good desktop program to add album art to my songs in the phone.
right now i have transferred the songs to my phone but only those songs with embedded cover art have them.
is there any desktop/phone prog which will fetch the cover art for me and then it shows up on my phone?

vulpine

Broken In
@tgpraveen

I use media monkey to manage my songs you can also sync your music on phone using it.
There are many softwares out there to tag your songs one of the best is mp3tag.
*www.mp3tag.de/en/

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
guys i need a good desktop program to add album art to my songs in the phone.
right now i have transferred the songs to my phone but only those songs with embedded cover art have them.
is there any desktop/phone prog which will fetch the cover art for me and then it shows up on my phone?
I use tag and rename, works like a charm for batch tagging, saves you a lot of time. Though there are several apps which do the same, this is like a one stop app for tagging, features a lot of stuff to make tagging easy.

There are several softwares which grab the album art for you, but they seldom work and those songs need to be tagged correctly in the first place to get its album art. iTunes has this feature but it never worked even with english soundtracks.

I painstakingly tagged all my collection and added album arts manually, took a good 2yrs to do this though ;) but end result is worth the effort, my iPod touch landscape album art mode looks cool now without any blank album arts.

gauravgargi

Broken In
Can anybody tell , where can I get Samsung i5700 in white color. I have tried everywhere, I am getting it in black color only.

Thanks

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
white not released in india officially so u cant get it.
even if u get it will be without warranty and imported i think.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Whenever i m talking over the phone, the problem is that its dialpad opens up and buttons keep on pressing by itself as its touch screen mobile and get touched to my face or say cheeks..

I press side lock key before starting conversation but its also does not work....

sometimes it automatically shows "double tap to unlock" but mostly its not auto locked during voice call..

Does anybody else have the same problem?? what could be possible solution..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
well well well Spica is getting more popular by day. Today two of my friends bought their Spica's ;)

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Whenever i m talking over the phone, the problem is that its dialpad opens up and buttons keep on pressing by itself as its touch screen mobile and get touched to my face or say cheeks..

I press side lock key before starting conversation but its also does not work....

sometimes it automatically shows "double tap to unlock" but mostly its not auto locked during voice call..

Me too facing the same problem, Looks like its a bug in 2.1

ashish_karoo

Broken In
which is the best application for PDf,word,excel.
And how can I download and install application with my PC. not through app market.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
How sh1tty upgrading the firmware of Spica to official 2.1 can get ? I can't give my phone to service center guys for more than few hours (and these guys take 3-4 day min to upgrade) .
I have Jailbroken a iPhone, cfw'd my PSP , how bad is updating my Spica with Odin ?

Do failures happen in upgrading due to stupidity (which is common, people just don't read the faq properly before doing such things) or is it random bad luck.

:(

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
which is the best application for PDf,word,excel.

If you are on 2.1 then you don't need any application there is a native support for documents viewing. However if you are on 1.5 or 1.6 then you need to download a suitable doc. viewer from the market.

And how can I download and install application with my PC. not through app market.

Android executable files come with .apk extension; just like .sis for Symbian devices. Use "OI file manager"; download it from Android market or andapp store. Alternatively if you have installed and configured ADB (Android debug bridge); you can execute following command to install:

C:\>adb install <path_to_apk_file_on_your_PC>

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

it is a bug which sometimes occurs
restarting my phone usually solves it.

i have some questions. is someone here using the 3d gallery of nexus one on spica?
does it run with decent performance and stability.
if i want to add the 3d gallery and nothing else can i add it. i dont want to root my phone just yet. i got it with 2.1 pre installed?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
it is a bug which sometimes occurs
restarting my phone usually solves it.

i have some questions. is someone here using the 3d gallery of nexus one on spica?
does it run with decent performance and stability.
if i want to add the 3d gallery and nothing else can i add it. i dont want to root my phone just yet. i got it with 2.1 pre installed?
I have been using it for a while now, It sure is not smooth, also is not laggy as hell. It takes a while to load, but then the interface is sweet :)
Here are some drawbacks I faced, it hasn't got any sorting filters, all my pictures are scrambled and I can't browse them in one order.

But I don't understand how, when and Why the fcuk 3D gallery downloaded my picasa albums from my account. In doing so it used up almost 50-100MB of my ISP data. Does any one know how to switch it off??

BTW The one I use is still in beta, so I'm expecting this to be much better in future.

*img24.imageshack.us/img24/3315/cap201005191519.jpg

*img101.imageshack.us/img101/6499/cap201005191520.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I have this issue with wifi since Day 1.

My router is in WPA2 secure mode and My Spica never connects to it correctly. Sometimes it shows network is not in range, sometimes it shows network is in range but doesn't connect to it. While my iPod touch and 5800 never had any issues with wifi. This is ****ing irritating, I have some work and from the last 1 hr I have been trying to connect to my router from Spica. Still It refuses to connect WTH!!!!!!!!!!!

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
My router is in WPA2 secure mode and My Spica never connects to it correctly. Sometimes it shows network is not in range, sometimes it shows network is in range but doesn't connect to it. While my iPod touch and 5800 never had any issues with wifi. This is ****ing irritating, I have some work and from the last 1 hr I have been trying to connect to my router from Spica. Still It refuses to connect WTH!!!!!!!!!!!

My wifi connection too is wpa2 encrypted and I never had this problem. I guess thats because of the modded firmware.

On my Magic I had problem with Edge connection which got resolved after applying a patch from XDA. So let the firmware stabilize or report to the ROM author with system logs!

OP
F

FilledVoid

But I don't understand how, when and Why the fcuk 3D gallery downloaded my picasa albums from my account. In doing so it used up almost 50-100MB of my ISP data. Does any one know how to switch it off??
Try off Sync Picasa web albums under Data and Synchronization.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My wifi connection too is wpa2 encrypted and I never had this problem. I guess thats because of the modded firmware.

On my Magic I had problem with Edge connection which got resolved after applying a patch from XDA. So let the firmware stabilize or report to the ROM author with system logs!
No I had this problem from day 1, on stock 1.5 & 2.1 and even on modded ones.

Try off Sync Picasa web albums under Data and Synchronization.
There is no sync option for Picasa, It only shows my gmail account and twitter account!!!

Top Bottom