Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ sriharsha

Didnt get a single text bro..did u add '0' while sending?

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

& btw i have tried evry method..installed drivers from that file also.
still it is getting updated as "samsung mobile modem" :(

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
can any one compare spica with LG GW620. I feel at least look-wise LG is better. +QWERTY key pad.
Resistive touch, 3 inch screen, 1.5 cupcake, no talk of further upgrades and a price tag of 15K. 5MP camera is good though, but That definitely is a no go for me. I would buy a spica instead or pay more and get a Hero

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

@ sriharsha

Didnt get a single text bro..did u add '0' while sending?

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

& btw i have tried evry method..installed drivers from that file also.
still it is getting updated as "samsung mobile modem" :(
lol I've been waiting for you since 3:30 :p
Haven't you checked your PM, I've sent pm's too

I didn't get any friend request in gmail , send it again

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Que :- Does it plays Ogg Vorbis files out-of-the-box?
Linux can play that, so I guess it can too.. could you guys check and then post your result..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Que :- Does it plays Ogg Vorbis files out-of-the-box?
Linux can play that, so I guess it can too.. could you guys check and then post your result..

I'll try it and let you know :)

3D gallery is much faster now after disabling picasa sync. :))

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

ooo yeah it plays ogg by default. tested it just now.

Looks like 3D gallery does have sort by time feature :p I haven't noticed it earlier.

Also batch edit feature is nice. will post pics while I'm back on pc.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Awesome.. plays Ogg by default.. with ID3 I suppose.. so this is the phone for my cousin & probably me after some time..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Yippiee Froyo is now Official *3.ly/jQK9

@hellnight
Yep with ID3

here are those pics, strangely it shows mp3 at bottom, may be that was tagged as mp3 somewhere

*img687.imageshack.us/img687/9444/cap201005202037.jpg*img198.imageshack.us/img198/9372/cap201005202038.jpg

Sorting and Batch edit in 3D gallery

*img707.imageshack.us/img707/8605/cap201005202044.jpg*img191.imageshack.us/img191/4918/cap2010052020411.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

*3.ly/jQK9

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

This is why Docomo Rocks, beats the **** out of Airtel everytime ;) First with second pulse and now with these superb monthly data plans 2GB for Rs. 48 and 6GB for Rs.98 *3.ly/RLSJ

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
You should have done that a long back ;)
BTW nice dp :)

ok thanks for the reply on 3d gallery.

do keep me informed if it becomes stable enough.

Also for Linux users, Banshee 1.7 got released recently and one of its features is support for spica, so i used that and transferred my song colllection and now i also have my song collection with album art. So now banshee gives u first class music management support with options like auto sync with music collection, smart sync, podcast amnagement etc etc. i think this is one of the best ways to manage media on phone right now. GO BANSHEE!
if on ubuntu get it using banshee unstable/daily ppa.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^ It is far better after switching off Picasa sync. Read my posts above :)
Quoting them below
3D gallery is much faster now after disabling picasa sync. :mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

ooo yeah it plays ogg by default. tested it just now.

Looks like 3D gallery does have sort by time feature :p I haven't noticed it earlier.

Also batch edit feature is nice. will post pics while I'm back on pc.

sachitgul

Journeyman
Damn I didn't post on TDF for over a month now and from the looks of it seems like everyone and his brother wants a sansung spica..

I couldn't post bcz my comp is screwd for a month now and I have taken a oath not to use any other computer this year..

Damn my weirdness!!

So sriharsha..
How do I get 3d gallary and live wallpapers??
Is it like a app or do I need to root??

Damn..
I need to go thru all the posts to get the hang of the things going around..

And yeah btw is any samsdroid guy coming up with a froyo firmware..
I hope froyo comes to spica ASAP..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Damn I didn't post on TDF for over a month now and from the looks of it seems like everyone and his brother wants a sansung spica..

I couldn't post bcz my comp is screwd for a month now and I have taken a oath not to use any other computer this year..

Damn my weirdness!!

So sriharsha..
How do I get 3d gallary and live wallpapers??
Is it like a app or do I need to root??

Damn..
I need to go thru all the posts to get the hang of the things going around..

And yeah btw is any samsdroid guy coming up with a froyo firmware..
I hope froyo comes to spica ASAP..
Where were you all these days man:p
Good to see you back :)

You need samdroid mod v1.03 for 3D gallery and live wallpapers to work.
It might work on rooted phones too, but Samdroid mod saves you from tinkering around :)

jain_pranav

Broken In
Finally after figuring out various driver issues frm past 3 days,i have updated my spica to I570EDDJC5.
Thanks a lot sriharsha.u really helped a lot..

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
oo yeah found it :)

*img40.imageshack.us/img40/4136/cap201005201606.jpg

@amitabhishek

You'll get this after clicking gmail account from that screenshot of yours :)

So i got finally the 3d gallery installed and i must say it is very sweet wonder why samsung didnt give it to us in the beginning.

but now the problem is that when i go into that account sync screen i see my gmail acc
and in that contact,picasa,gmail,cal etc are listed but there is not way to disable it indivually. i get no checkboxes i can only click on each and they sync and i have option of remove account which deletes entire google account which i dont want to do. so please help.
i am on jc5 ie official indian rom on spica. no root. no custom mod.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^ No root, no custom mod?? How the hell did 3D gallery run??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Finally after figuring out various driver issues frm past 3 days,i have updated my spica to I570EDDJC5.
Thanks a lot sriharsha.u really helped a lot..
Welcome :)
So what's the status of that rooting??

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
just used this link given by leshak
*forum.samdroid.net/threads/924-Beta-Gallery-3D-for-i5700?p=11974&viewfull=1#post11974
and by the way all spica users i recommend to try the 3d gallery at least once.
it is so much more awesome than the original gallery.

@everybody

some bugs that i faced was that if i went into a photo then in menu, rotate left/right
and then i zoom in on that photo or any other photo the whole screen goes completely white. then if i double tap and zoom out everything is fine. the one way to solve this bug is to go to main screen of gallery ie get out of current folder and then come back again.
also sometimes during that rotation i got force close.
another bug is that many times when i open the gallery it just tells no items to show. and remains blank. then i press back button and start gallery again and everything is alright.
please fix these bugs. i just super duper love this gallery. the samsung gallery is crap.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

So i got finally the 3d gallery installed and i must say it is very sweet wonder why samsung didnt give it to us in the beginning.

but now the problem is that when i go into that account sync screen i see my gmail acc
and in that contact,picasa,gmail,cal etc are listed but there is not way to disable it indivually. i get no checkboxes i can only click on each and they sync and i have option of remove account which deletes entire google account which i dont want to do. so please help.
i am on jc5 ie official indian rom on spica. no root. no custom mod.

ok i solved this seems if i connect to wifi and click on auto sync and then go into settings then teh checkboxes appear.yay!

Last edited:
Top Bottom