Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

maddu5731

Broken In
@ ashish
Dude i said in a very healthy way & i even wrote thanks after that.May be i used the wrong words :)
Ok i'l try writing that problem.i hope u guys understand.

THE PROBLEM WAS THAT ODIN WAS STUCK AT "SETUP CONNECTION"

Im assuming that u have installed new pc studio on ur pc.
In your phone,
go to settings->about phone->additional settings & uncheck the "connect only in USB mode".
Then connect your phone to your pc & it will install the remaining imp. drivers(i.e usb modem,adb etc.)
Then follow the flashing procedure & it will work.
If need any help,feel free to ask.

ps- after the usb modem drivers installed,device manager still showed "samsung mobile modem" but the flashing wil work ;)

Thanx for that help, I have sucessfully updated to 2.1 firmware version I570EXXJD1.
Now, I want to know that which mods I can apply on it and how to activate live wallpapers....

jain_pranav

Broken In
Finaly rooted my spica with LK. Mod 2.02 & it feels Gooooood :D

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Now gonna try the samdroid mod prepared in the kitchen as per my choice ;)
Will post the experience soon.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Just Installed SamdroidMod using kitchen.
The phone is booting & then everything is blank.
Have i bricked my phone ?
plz help

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I forgot to enter the Recovery mode and select "Wipe → Wipe data/cache". :p
The Custom ROM works like charm :D
I suggest evry spica user 2 try this..
Evrythn i wanted is integrated..wifi tether,3d gallery,live wallpapers etc.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
aha told you so.Don't panic just wipe the data. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Oops you have done it already :p

jain_pranav

Broken In
Haha..thanks sriharsha..
I was an expert in iphone jailbreaking & unlocking..
After i purchased this phone,i felt i didnt knw much abt android.
But now i feel more confident & nice to gain knowledge about modding & rooting ;)

jain_pranav

Broken In
Haha..Im still a learner dude & i have learnt most of the things from u.
But i'l share evrything with this community from which i have gained :)

Can u throw some light on app2sd?
I created a 256mb partition..i have enabled app2sd from samdroid tools.
But now whnevr i install any app,memory from both i.e phone & memory card is getting reduced.

maddu5731

Broken In
@sriharsha_madineni,jain_pranav
Hey guyz, I have now flashed my rom with f\w ver. I570EDDJC5, now, I need your help....I too want to apply the lk mod and the samdroid mod but not able to understand the steps at the samdroid forums.....Help
And one more thing, I am too busy since last two weeks and will be for another two weeks, so, will not be able to come for chat on IM....so,please post whatever you want here only...
any help will be appreciated
Thanx in advance...

vulpine

Broken In
Finaly rooted my spica with LK. Mod 2.02 & it feels Gooooood :D

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Now gonna try the samdroid mod prepared in the kitchen as per my choice ;)
Will post the experience soon.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Just Installed SamdroidMod using kitchen.

That was quick! Now you are tempting me:grin:
Im busy with exams. After they finish I will join you guys.

I already cooked my ROM the day kitchen was online. I had a fear that it will only be made available to guys who donate( which may happen soon or features may be made limited). So, cooked mine ASAP:wink:.

Hey guyz, I have now flashed my rom with f\w ver. I570EDDJC5, now, I need your help....I too want to apply the lk mod and the samdroid mod but not able to understand the steps at the samdroid forums.....

You already know how to flash rite? Then applying LK2.02 should be a piece of cake for you.

Steps by leshak are very clear
1. Download '.zip' файл: LK2-02-1_update.zip
2. Put it to root of SD card! (mount or with help adb)
3. Download Kernel: i5700_LK2-02_PDA.7z
4. Flash i5700_LK2-xx_PDA by Odin as PDA file.
5. Kernel will flash and Spica reboot and enter in Recovery

6.After rebooting select "apply any zip from SD'

source

vulpine

Broken In
Has any one noticed "custom" eq setting in music player....?? Whats with that??
How will it work? i mean how to adjust custom EQ

maddu5731

Broken In
You already know how to flash rite? Then applying LK2.02 should be a piece of cake for you.

Steps by leshak are very clear
1. Download '.zip' файл: LK2-02-1_update.zip
2. Put it to root of SD card! (mount or with help adb)
3. Download Kernel: i5700_LK2-02_PDA.7z
4. Flash i5700_LK2-xx_PDA by Odin as PDA file.
5. Kernel will flash and Spica reboot and enter in Recovery

6.After rebooting select "apply any zip from SD'

source
Thanx, that I read on the samdroid forums but can you explain step no. 5 and 6 in detail.....
Thanx in advance....

vulpine

Broken In
@maddu5731

Head over to the source site. Its clearing explained using pictures.
or contact Sriharsha, He is already on samdroid mod. He might help you.

jain_pranav

Broken In
Open Odin & just put the new spica ops file & the pda file downloaded from the source & flash..nothing else..
it will reboot in recovery mode & then apply the zip file ;)
if any issues,feel free 2 ask

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thanx, that I read on the samdroid forums but can you explain step no. 5 and 6 in detail.....
Thanx in advance....

@Maddu
LKmod has two files, one is "LK2-02-1_update.zip" & the other "i5700_LK2-02_PDA.7z".

Before you start flashing this, copy "LK2-02-1_update.zip" to SD card,
then put phone in Download mode and from here the procedure is same as firmware update, that I presume you did earlier.

the only difference is you use "i5700_LK2-02_PDA.7z" instead of firmware PDA file. So keep this file in PDA box and flash your phone,

After flashing, phone boots into recovery mode and then you use the file, that you copied into SD card before flashing and that process is easy enough so continue with the guide on samdroid forums here *bit.ly/a3Wm2I

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Guys i am on 2.1 and animations now stutter :( , navigating has become less fun. Camera crashes after 1 pic is taken :|. Anybody else facing these issues

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
hey my music player now crashes in cover flow mode after doing so much hard work to add album art to all my songs.
i am on jc5 preloaded 2.1 fw.
is this solved in other fw.
i think somebody else mentioned this prob earlier. any solution?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^
Guys I've been hearing from a lot of users who upgraded to the Indian version of Eclair, facing issues like Homescreen crashing, random app crashes etc.

For those facing this issue, better switch to some stable firmware and for those planning to upgrade, avoid "I570EDDJC5" for the time being :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ What firmware you suggest, will i be able to go to 2.2 (if samsung offers that in future) after i install some custom firmware on my phone ?

besides that, has anyone else has idea of how to uninstall preinstalled apps, i dont use 'myspace' and can't uninstall the provided app.

btw, baseband version for my phone os is i570eddjB2

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Ofcourse you can upgrade to 2.2(if samsung releases :p) irrespective of the current firmware on your phone, be it official/modded.

I'm on JD4 + Samdroid mod. So far this is the most stable and fastest firmware I've tried, may be mainly because of the optimizations of Samdroid mod.

And regarding uninstalling preloaded apps,

goto settings >> Applications >> Manage applications, click menu button here and you'll get filter options for installed apps, select "All" to show all apps including preinstalled apps and you can uninstall any app of your choice, but be careful while uninstalling certain system applications, which might make the firmware unstable.

*img155.imageshack.us/img155/8738/cap201005301737.jpg*img295.imageshack.us/img295/2773/cap2010053017371.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom