Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

jain_pranav

Broken In
evn im gtn restless nw..
Sriharsha can u plz tel me the best n stable 2.1 firmware ?
N can i update to any firmware ?
Im on baseband DDIK2..
N can u post a guide on flashing or does sameer prabhakar's guide covers evrythn ?
Plz mention few imp points 2 avoid errors..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I had posted a small guide just a few pages back check it out.
Sachit and I had loads of late night discussion on that
hope it covers your doubts too :p

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Here it is :)

I570EXXJD1 is the current Stable Official one. Try it

sachitgul

Journeyman
I had posted a small guide just a few pages back check it out.
Sachit and I had loads of late night discussion on that
hope it covers your doubts too :p

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Here it is :)

I570EXXJD1 is the current Stable Official one. Try it

rofl..
dat was epic...

xD
just be careful bcz the *.ops file was making an issue..
the one which comes with Odin ka ZIP file is NOT THE one..

Spica_jc3.ops is the correct one..

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

evn im gtn restless nw..
Sriharsha can u plz tel me the best n stable 2.1 firmware ?
N can i update to any firmware ?
Im on baseband DDIK2..
N can u post a guide on flashing or does sameer prabhakar's guide covers evrythn ?
Plz mention few imp points 2 avoid errors..

flash with I570EXXJD1 and Spica_jc3.ops..
dont forget abt the drivers..

Sriharsha ka guide is perfect...

post ur impressions of this newer firmware...
will help us a lot..

:)

sachitgul

Journeyman
@Sachit
Just follow this guide for rooting JCE.
you have to flash that file over existing firmware, and don't mess up with *.ops file this time :p
Its better you delete the spica.ops file to avoid confusion. The correct one is Spica_jc3.ops, use the same for above method.

Nothings gonna happen to your future upgrades by rooting. So don't worry :)

Also I'm planning to try out those modded firmwares from samdroid forums, Unnecessary apps are removed from those and heard they are much faster after Pantheon is removed.

Checked out the iPod pics, blue one looks good :)

arre i think i will root after flashing to the newer firmware or a custom one..

but wen pantheon is removed will it remove our camera interface and media interface or just the homescreen ka modifications??

sachitgul

Journeyman
also help me with my RAM issues..

i just have 43mb free with no apps running!!
:shock:

had around 77mb free wen i restated the phone..

also i just removed my memory card and deleted some unwanted and unused folders..
bt nw Tube Downloader doesnt seem to let me see my downloaded vids..
i didnt even touch the folder..

i can see it thru the gallary tho..
but wat seems to be the issue here??

is it bcz i failed to put the memory card correctly like 2 times in a row??
it hpnd wen i my nail broke while putting the card in.. :D

got the "corrupt card" notification..
all data is fine tho..

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

btw..

i just synced my google calender with my Samsung spica i5700..

the issue is that all my sports calenders like the football world cup calender and champions league calender which i chose from within google calender itself dont sync to the phone tho contact birthdays,phases of the moon and day of the year sync peoperly..

anyone facing this issue??
i am on Android OS 2.1..
no root..

also i cant add calenders from the phone itself..
why so??

help me with this one..
i have to keep track of me football schedule...

can someone tell me which apps these are??

they seem to be really awesome..

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LkNlTNHZzE&feature=related

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@ filled void

Dude v already knw abt sameer prabhakar blog n unofficial flashing to 2.1 firmwares.
R u trying 2 point out something here which im nt able 2 get ?
My point was that if it was remotely possible that the person who saw a 2.1 on sale through an outlet was merely a phone customized with 2.1 instead of having the actual version which it was released with. Although you might know that the above is available there is also a small chance that there is someone who didn't know that the same exists.

dushi23

Right off the assembly line
yeah I've heard JD1 supports Live wallpaper, all you have to do is install live wallpaper.apk on it.

In our case it requires rooting

Hey i have 1570exxjd1 but its not supporting live wallpaper can u please enlighten it.One more question i want to make contact groups but i am not been able to do so...please help!!

sachitgul

Journeyman
My point was that if it was remotely possible that the person who saw a 2.1 on sale through an outlet was merely a phone customized with 2.1 instead of having the actual version which it was released with. Although you might know that the above is available there is also a small chance that there is someone who didn't know that the same exists.

+1 for this..

it seems that guy is trolling or he is an elite fanboi..

told my frnd to go to inOrbit mall and check if all this is true..

and my doubts were true..
this guy is faking around...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
also help me with my RAM issues..

i just have 43mb free with no apps running!!
:shock:

had around 77mb free wen i restated the phone..

also i just removed my memory card and deleted some unwanted and unused folders..
bt nw Tube Downloader doesnt seem to let me see my downloaded vids..
i didnt even touch the folder..

i can see it thru the gallary tho..
but wat seems to be the issue here??

is it bcz i failed to put the memory card correctly like 2 times in a row??
it hpnd wen i my nail broke while putting the card in.. :D

got the "corrupt card" notification..
all data is fine tho..

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

btw..

i just synced my google calender with my Samsung spica i5700..

the issue is that all my sports calenders like the football world cup calender and champions league calender which i chose from within google calender itself dont sync to the phone tho contact birthdays,phases of the moon and day of the year sync peoperly..

anyone facing this issue??
i am on Android OS 2.1..
no root..

also i cant add calenders from the phone itself..
why so??

help me with this one..
i have to keep track of me football schedule...

can someone tell me which apps these are??

they seem to be really awesome..

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LkNlTNHZzE&feature=related

hey sachit, why don't you root your phone and install that auto memory manager app.
I'm stressing this because, currently I've uninstalled all my task manager apps and put auto memory management to aggressive mode, and I've installed Helix Launcher. Can you believe that my free ram now shows 85-90MB constantly :))

Hey i have 1570exxjd1 but its not supporting live wallpaper can u please enlighten it.One more question i want to make contact groups but i am not been able to do so...please help!!

I haven't used it, so can't tell you much. better read this
Regarding the contact groups, can't find that in phone. I created groups in google contacts online and then synced them. Ask others if they have any workarounds for this.
+1 for this..

it seems that guy is trolling or he is an elite fanboi..

told my frnd to go to inOrbit mall and check if all this is true..

and my doubts were true..
this guy is faking around...
I feel the same, but lets not deviate and discuss about it :p

sachitgul

Journeyman
hey sachit, why don't you root your phone and install that auto memory manager app.
I'm stressing this because, currently I've uninstalled all my task manager apps and put auto memory management to aggressive mode, and I've installed Helix Launcher. Can you believe that my free ram now shows 85-90MB constantly :))

i read in the link that u provided that there is a mod for the new firmware for rooting..

well i feel this means if u flash to the April Firmware then we wont have root..
mayb i would flash and then root..

waiting for some impressions of the new firmware or a custom firmware..

btw..
is any i5700 user facing crackling audio (only for the first five minutes of playing or so) and overly dominant bass when playing music thru the provided earphones???

i am using the stock music app and the clarity EQ..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
i read in the link that u provided that there is a mod for the new firmware for rooting..

well i feel this means if u flash to the April Firmware then we wont have root..
mayb i would flash and then root..

waiting for some impressions of the new firmware or a custom firmware..

btw..
is any i5700 user facing crackling audio (only for the first five minutes of playing or so) and overly dominant bass when playing music thru the provided earphones???

i am using the stock music app and the clarity EQ..
You can root new one too with that guide :)

I face that problem too, audio cracks sometimes

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

This too *3.ly/gjIf

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
I called up my friend and asked him to check out Inorbit Mall for the Spica with 2.1 and he said that there was nothing like this in the mall when he went there yesterday...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I called up my friend and asked him to check out Inorbit Mall for the Spica with 2.1 and he said that there was nothing like this in the mall when he went there yesterday...

Thanks for the confirmation sid_gamer. :))
@pritamonline
Where exactly did u see that spica then?? :p
if you did see it and it had keyboard lag, then I'm very sure its 1.5.

well check out a spica with 2.1 and then tell me honestly if you still feel 5800 is better.

Don't just circulate wrong impressions around the forum. why is item that you post the exact same thing in different threads??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Is it available in India??

It offers nothing new from 5800. The only significant changes are Capacitive touch screen, 5MP camera, beefed up storage(16GB & 32GB), card slot is removed though.

Pricing is costly for what it offers, wait for the price cut, if it is released. Else look at the alternatives, based on your purchase criteria

Look at the compared specs here *3.ly/B9CG

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thank you for confirming this Sid_Gamer! Ive been looking for 2.1 Samsung Phones in Kerala as well but they all say that hasn't been released here as well.

Top Bottom