Official Samsung I5801 Thread

ashishisdrunk

Right off the assembly line
OMG im in Big Trouble

I Recently Bought Bsnl 3g And Started Downloading Whole Day whole night..I used Easy Tether For connecting Internet...Yesterday While i was downloading it got disconnected automatically..i tried to reconnect but my pc do not recognize the phone...when i connect usb it shows charging but pc do not recoznize it...i cannot connect thru eaytether nor i can view files of sd card...i tried changing wire but fail...i removed all drivers.samsung kies...all new windows but still fail..i tried in laptop..windows xp.windows 7..but fail...when i connect it installs the driver like samsung modem installed..compostie device installed..but i dont why do the hell my pc do not recognize it...what should i do...

plzzzzz heeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllpppppppppppppp

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Will rooting cause any damage to my device? Will this make my phone of the guarantee given to me by samsung? Can u give me a proof with ur answer?

vivek11

OMG im in Big Trouble

I Recently Bought Bsnl 3g And Started Downloading Whole Day whole night..I used Easy Tether For connecting Internet...Yesterday While i was downloading it got disconnected automatically..i tried to reconnect but my pc do not recognize the phone...when i connect usb it shows charging but pc do not recoznize it...i cannot connect thru eaytether nor i can view files of sd card...i tried changing wire but fail...i removed all drivers.samsung kies...all new windows but still fail..i tried in laptop..windows xp.windows 7..but fail...when i connect it installs the driver like samsung modem installed..compostie device installed..but i dont why do the hell my pc do not recognize it...what should i do...

plzzzzz heeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllpppppppppppppp

Try setting it back to factory setting , that might mean you are loosing your data but could get your cell back

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
HI everybody ! Many thanks to all digit family members . leaving aside some minor issues this phone is a great buy for me really ! Now I want to use this phone as modem and want to use internet on my laptop.
I called the customer care after calling a no. of times (as most of the times the number remains busy ). He made some changes in the settings under control panel but still the phone is unable to connect .
Please any one using net on laptop publish a step by step guide in connecting to laptop.

Am using windows 7 HP on laptop.

Xmen360

Broken In
^ THere is a software called "easytetherlite" which is available in the android market.Download it, download its pc part. Just follow the instructions on it.And you will be able to use the mobile as a modem.

comrade

foreign return(0)
Congrats on this nice jump to Froyo, buddy!

Could you let us all know your feedback on the new features you see in Froyo?

1. General performance
2. Changes to UI/system configuration.
3. Are Live wallpapers enabled?
4. Have you rooted after the Froyo update?

Thanks. I rooted before flashing the device. For rooting I used "z4root" app from android market(the most simplest way).

Downloaded 3 files from Login -
and then flashed using ODIN multi downloader. Whole process took less than 5 mins.

1. General performance - Far better when compared to eclair. The animation transitions are smoother and more free memory left for apps to run in bg.
2. Changes - Not noticed too many - few mentions are 1. New autorotate enable/disable button to the top notification screen. 2. Task manager - most desirable one. 3. Battery bug has been resolved - yes now it doesn't discharge faster after 50%.
3. Did not try the live wallpapers yet. But it should run fine as froyo is on.

On the whole, a must have upgrade.

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey there is a very big prob wid me plz help me fast.
Can u tell me an alternative to end the call by jus pressing a single button and not first clicking the power/center button first followed by pressin end cal?
plz reply as fast as possible

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
^ THere is a software called "easytetherlite" which is available in the android market.Download it, download its pc part. Just follow the instructions on it.And you will be able to use the mobile as a modem.

Many thanks bhai for sharing your idea about easttethering.. nice s/w .. easy to deploy.. works perfect !!!!!! Also am getting downloading speed of 20-25 KBps. not bad I believe ....

sudeshc

Guys Froyo firmware is out there for galaxy 3 use that it has in built option for tethering.
refer XDA forum or get firmware from samfirmwares.com

vivek11

Thanks. I rooted before flashing the device. For rooting I used "z4root" app from android market(the most simplest way).

and then flashed using ODIN multi downloader. Whole process took less than 5 mins.

1. General performance - Far better when compared to eclair. The animation transitions are smoother and more free memory left for apps to run in bg.
2. Changes - Not noticed too many - few mentions are 1. New autorotate enable/disable button to the top notification screen. 2. Task manager - most desirable one. 3. Battery bug has been resolved - yes now it doesn't discharge faster after 50%.

Does it solve the GPS issue ? currently i have to run GPSopt before using any GPS based application !!!!

if you have some snapshot of FROYO than that would be helpful in deciding if it is worth rooting :) or shall we wait for official samsung release

Does it solve the GPS issue ? currently i have to run GPSopt before using any GPS based application !!!!

if you have some snapshot of FROYO than that would be helpful in deciding if it is worth rooting :) :smile: or shall we wait for official samsung release :lol:

Last edited:

comrade

foreign return(0)

if you have some snapshot of FROYO than that would be helpful in deciding if it is worth rooting :) or shall we wait for official samsung release

if you have some snapshot of FROYO than that would be helpful in deciding if it is worth rooting :) :smile: or shall we wait for official samsung release :lol:

you dont need to root your phone to upgrade to froyo. It's better to wait for official firmware otherwise its on ur risk.
Btw I'm yet to test GPS pick in 2.2. Will keep u posted.

moved from JP8 to JP9 firmware of android 2.2. No big difference other than slight performance improvement. Samsung is doing a good job in this regard, released 2 firmwares in a week that too andorid 2.2:grin:.

utkarsh007

U7karsh
hey has samsung released the android 2.2 update like the one given to nexus. I mean to say an option came to my nexus when my wi-fi was on to upgrade it. Hey can any one tell me is galaxy 3's screen scratch proof?

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Got the G3 yesterday ... I liked the phone.. But the batt gets exhausted very fast.. and i saw it uses continuous data connection also.. so installed APN -on -off widget , and switched it off.
I have one question. I have gprs connection. But it shows as "E" on top, i.e EDGE. I am not sure about this, as i was using idea_internet ( gprs) as apn on my prevous phone. Now, its using EDGE. Is this EDGE thing different, than the one which i used on my N72? It showed as "data connection 2G" when i used GPRS on my n72 .
Is this different than EDGE? If yes, is EDGE usage expensive than the previous ?

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Got the G3 yesterday ... I liked the phone.. But the batt gets exhausted very fast.. and i saw it uses continuous data connection also.. so installed APN -on -off widget , and switched it off.
I have one question. I have gprs connection. But it shows as "E" on top, i.e EDGE. I am not sure about this, as i was using idea_internet ( gprs) as apn on my prevous phone. Now, its using EDGE. Is this EDGE thing different, than the one which i used on my N72? It showed as "data connection 2G" when i used GPRS on my n72 .
Is this different than EDGE? If yes, is EDGE usage expensive than the previous ?

Edge or gprs both use 2g signal...cost of data is same irrespective of them....remember edge is superior than gprs...and if ur phone supports it u get more speed...thats all...i get max 30kb/s in reliance 2g

in bsnl 3g...it will be wcdma mode..ie umts...now speed will be upto 190kb/s above and data charge depends on your plan

multi

lazy bone
I am looking for good SMS app which I can use to forward , delete etc thing .

searched market but haven't found any good , any 1 using such apps ?

Top Bottom