Official OVERCLOCKKER'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
UnOfficial OVERCLOCKKER'S

I have decided to start this thread for:

1. Info on OCing limits from individual owners like their CPU and GPU.
2. Helping out newbies in OCing to prevent them from damaging their PC components by pushing to unsafe limits.

Hope you all will help me out with this.

===========================================================================

Overclocking

Over-Going ahead
Clocking-with the clock speeds

So, basically you need to keep in mind these:
1. Safe limits
2. Temperatures
3. Support from existing components
4. Good RAM for procc. overclocking with a market cooler

OC can be done on:
1. Procc(wields highest)
2. GCard(5-35% increase in performance, more in entry level cards)
3. RAM(not suggested, and value ram, absolutely NO)

Now, you start with proccessor:
1. If you do not have a Nvidia board, well hat's not unlinked ram, so u need good ram for ocing.
2. Enter bios, guide urself to fsb and Vcore settings. Slowly start increaseing fsb(mind not more than 15Mhz in one go).
3. Start computer, run CPUz for speed. Run an intesnive task, such a 3D game to check stability.
4. If it isn't stable, do
a. Increase Vcre(not more than 1.456 for C2D)
b. If still not working, reduce fsb.

GCARD:
1. Download install RivaTuner(u can use something else too)
2. Start program, enter settings, slowly start increasing Core Mhz and Memory Mhz(not more than 30Mhz at first go).
2. Monitor temperatures(not for old cards).
3. Fanfix, increase fan speed and make it permanent from settings again(browse urself).4
4. Fanfix only compatible with 8800GT onwards and 48xx currently(correct me if wrong).
5. Keep running games and check stability and temperatures constabntly.
5. I suggest a fan speed not more than 75%(unless u want a truck load of sound from ur comp).

RAM:
1. Forget ram OCing ATM.

=========================================================================

Another guide by AMITASH::

I am reposting my guide with PICS to make it easier as more ppl are looking interested in this:
It might work...do the following:
1.download setfsb from their site
2.You will need to find the phase locked loop or PLL version for your motherboard..to do that open up your case,remove any big graphics cards/expansion cards so that you have a good view of the motherboard.
3.There will be a crystal with 14.3Mhz written on it...next to this crystal there should be an IC with some symbol and a string of charecters written on it..this is your PLL...copy down this number. Eg: my PLL is CV183APAG...
Here are some pics:
*img525.imageshack.us/img525/5442/8864fb5.jpg

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/2272/914817rf8.jpg

*img509.imageshack.us/img509/6264/577uz1.jpg

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/9724/924839ws9.jpg

4.NOW boot up into windows, open up setfsb and in the select PLL drop down box, select the PLL number that you just saw on your motherboard
5Now things are fairly straight forward..click get fsb to get your current clocks...Move the slider to increase the FSB then click SetFSB and your done..Keep in mind though that this software cannot help you to overvolt the procy...Enjoy

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^lol tutions. Anyways, thanks for the thread.

My CPU is E4500 which I had OC'd o 2.8 GHz but it was so hot and unstable that my PC restarted now and then. So, I took it to 2.6Ghz. I had a Zalman CNPS9500 and Thermaltake BigWaterSE but sadly both have gone kaput now so now my E4500 runs at 2.4Ghz :|. I also OC'd my 8800GT 512MB. Right now its running at 700/1620/950 :D. Its quite stable and runs a little hot but it will be solved soon as I get a new cooler :).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
For OC'ing...be care full for:

1. Thermal Temperatures.
2. System Stability.
3. Application Support.
4. Supply Voltages to components.
5. Power Requirements.
6. Incremental Changes from Stock to OC level.

Go ..slow...keep monitoring, various tools are available. One can get approximate 30-35% performance gain.

Best of luck..!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
well we already have quite a few thread with heavy OCing discuessions.......if people care to go though each post on all these threads.....they can learn a lot.

Choto Cheeta guide on OCing.....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64388

My sam9s experience on my OCing wheh I first attempted it....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41809

Ranjan attempt on OCing

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49815

I mention these threads because these have some really heavy discuessions about OCing. Apart from this there are lots of other small threads as well covering varios aspects of OCing. Pepole serious about OCing must look for the following threads by Darklord who has done some absolutely amazing OCing....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1455280

I guess these all links would satisfy all the needs for Enthusiastic OCers......

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
list of all procies that i've oc'd till now:

1>X2 3800+ -> 2.8GHz on stock cooling on Asus M2N-MX
2>E4300 -> 3.4GHz on air cooling (24x7) on Asus P5B Dlx WiFi AP
3>Q6600 -> 3.7GHz o air (24x7),reached max of 3.96GHz on air (only for benching) on P5B Dlx
4>E2160 -> 3.4GHz on air (24x7) on abit IP35-E
5>E4500 -> 3.6GHz on air (24x7) on abit IP35-E
6>E8400 -> 4.05GHz on air (24x7) on this procy i'm limited by ram (667 transcend running @ 900) will be able to oc more after i upgrade my rig. on abit IP35-E

cooler used is a CoolerMaster Hyper-48.

Gfx cards used and oc'd r 8600GT & 8800GTS.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^Do you have a shop or what :confused:

nope i dont but my vendor helps me out in these sort of things.i brings lots of mobo and procies for testing and benching and he doesnt charge a penny.sometimes i bring the procies from pcs that hav come 4 repairing/replacement under warranty.

2night i'll get a new toy to play with, my MSI HD4850 512MB GDDR3.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Could i able to overclock my proccy.... Please see my siggy... If yes. then guide me guys.....

P4's are not very good for overclocking, especially because of it's very famous heating issues. So, you might try but on the safe side don't exceed more than 3.4GHz on air cooling(having a well ventilated room and a low humidity region helps a lot).

list of all procies that i've oc'd till now:

E2160 -> 3.4GHz on air (24x7) on abit IP35-E

I never knew that the Pentium Dual Core Could actually reach such highs.
Could you tell about the 2140, 2180 too?

And what's the difference between the 2180 and 2200, i mean both have the same config with 2.00GHz and 800MHz FSB, but still the 2200 is quite an improvement! How?

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ E2160 can do 3.6GHz (if u hav a good chip and 3rd party cooling.hav reached 3.6Ghz stable no issues.).

E2180 -> 2Ghz,800MHz FSB,1MB L2

E2200 -> 2.2Ghz,800MHz,1MB L2.

as u can see E2200 has a clk speed of 200MHz more than E2180,so perf is better.both dont run @ 2GHz as u said.
:)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

nope i dont but my vendor helps me out in these sort of things.i brings lots of mobo and procies for testing and benching and he doesnt charge a penny.sometimes i bring the procies from pcs that hav come 4 repairing/replacement under warranty.

2night i'll get a new toy to play with, my MSI HD4850 512MB GDDR3.

Awesome, how much did you get yours for?

OCed Q9300 to 3.2 GHz with stock cooling.
CM 690 and CM Elite Series Cabinet.
2x1 GB DDR2 800MHz
Stable @ 1.45V

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
OCd Q6600 to 3.0Ghz with thermalright ultra 120 extreme on a seriously crappy intel DG33TL mobo with no support for overclocking in the bios...did it via software (setFSB)..stable 24x7 stock Vcore transcend 2GB ddr2 800
Temps
idle=34
load=52
ambient=31
OCed Q9300 to 3.2 GHz with stock cooling.
CM 690 and CM Elite Series Cabinet.
2x1 GB DDR2 800MHz
Stable @ 1.45V
1.45V on stock cooling on a Q9300??!!??...Your temps must be through the roof and the max supported voltage for the Q9300 is 1.3625v...Reduce the Vcore if u don want it 2 fry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom