Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys, i need some help. So after initial resisting temptations to update the phone to CM12,i took the decision to update few days back and there are some issues.The battery life has significantly fallen if you compare it to kit kat battery life. Is this a problem for others. What can be done. Are CM planning more updates for OPO or was this the last one?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey guys, i need some help. So after initial resisting temptations to update the phone to CM12,i took the decision to update few days back and there are some issues.The battery life has significantly fallen if you compare it to kit kat battery life. Is this a problem for others. What can be done. Are CM planning more updates for OPO or was this the last one?

no battery is not a issue, in fact its excellent, i'm running 12.1 nightly. try clearing cache/dalvic. also try doing a factory reset if not done already after the update.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
no battery is not a issue, in fact its excellent, i'm running 12.1 nightly. try clearing cache/dalvic. also try doing a factory reset if not done already after the update.

Hey thanks a lot, apologies for the late response. I have done a factory reset but still getting lower battery life than kitkat,Especially the standby time.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Dude he is talking about CM12 which is based on lollipop 5.0 it is buggy and causes battery drain.

- - - Updated - - -

flash CM 12.1 and franco kernel to drastically improve battery life.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Dude he is talking about CM12 which is based on lollipop 5.0 it is buggy and causes battery drain.

I am on stock CM12 on OnePlus One. Not even rooted. Battery life is excellent.

I am sure it will only get better on CM 12.1. But it is not bad on stock. No battery drain bug found...

The Volstagg

Broken In
Mine has a touchscreen bug! My battery also working fine. I am on latest build of CM 12 YNG1TAS213. Within few days I am going to flash oxygen OS to see if it can handle my difficulty. I have heard its a very stable and light OS.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys so i am planning to flash my opo again..So could anyone suggest a good backup app i could get from store, Don't mind even if it is a paid one if it does the job of backing up apps, messages and contacts.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys so i am planning to flash my opo again..So could anyone suggest a good backup app i could get from store, Don't mind even if it is a paid one if it does the job of backing up apps, messages and contacts.
Apps and messages- Titanium Backup
For contacts just sync with your Google account

The Volstagg

Broken In
Use Titanium Backup or Super Backup app. Super backup more preferred in ur case because it can backup even messages, contacts, call logs etc...I have used it. By the way which ROM are you going to flash?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Use Titanium Backup or Super Backup app. Super backup more preferred in ur case because it can backup even messages, contacts, call logs etc...I have used it. By the way which ROM are you going to flash?

Not sure yet..was planning on trying 12.1..But still evaluating if flashing phone with cm 12 would increase the battery life because right now,the battery life is just poor.

- - - Updated - - -

do we need root access for titanium backup..for the paid version

kaz

right here
Not sure yet..was planning on trying 12.1..But still evaluating if flashing phone with cm 12 would increase the battery life because right now,the battery life is just poor.

- - - Updated - - -

do we need root access for titanium backup..for the paid version

Yes, it requires root.. Flash the Exodus Rom. You will love the battery backup.

The Volstagg

Broken In
Yup. Exodus ROM is really cool. It has great features and tweaks for both good performance and battery life. Today I saw it running on yu yureka. Also [MENTION=20327]Ronnie11[/MENTION] use your phone in balanced mode rather than performance mode. It can save more juice. I am also a oneplus one user and have no issues with the battery. Battery is excellent for me!

Top Bottom