Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

I have a little yellow tint issue too. OPO forum members has a fix for that. Few minutes in the UV light can fix it. As @kamikaz said it is because of glue. But where I find UV light instead from sunlight.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW i raised a return request but wanted to keep it and DIY for the UV thing. So please tell me where to get this UV exposure
Tried natural UV in sunlight?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Are all TDF members having OPO facing yellow tint issues?

and what is the statement from OPO team on this issue?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I have a little yellow tint issue too. OPO forum members has a fix for that. Few minutes in the UV light can fix it. As [MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] said it is because of glue. But where I find UV light instead from sunlight.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW i raised a return request but wanted to keep it and DIY for the UV thing. So please tell me where to get this UV exposure

try sun light.. or tanning saloon. check if your nearest saloon has one.

amjath

Human Spambot
try sun light.. or tanning saloon. check if your nearest saloon has one.

I kept in the sunlight for 5 min, I can see a little difference [my colleague said too] but in chennai it is foggy weather so sunlight is not much.

Also UV radiation will be high during sunrise so I'm going to cancel the return request and gonna have it in early morning sunlight

napster007

Padawan
I have ordered the OPO from amazon yesterday and I want to ask a general question here :

I have heard that CM wont be supporting the phones sold in India. So my question here is that, should i be cancelling my order? Is it such a deal breaker that might effect my future use? I am not a very geeky user who wants to update their ROM in every single release but would like to have the latest nonetheless.

We can flash the new updates from CM manually right? even if CM officially wont support it?

amjath

Human Spambot
Cm is not a deal breaker. As I'm using lollipop by liquidsmooth as a daily driver. It has privacy guard, adblock everything precooked.

Zangetsu

I have ordered the OPO from amazon yesterday and I want to ask a general question here :

I have heard that CM wont be supporting the phones sold in India. So my question here is that, should i be cancelling my order? Is it such a deal breaker that might effect my future use? I am not a very geeky user who wants to update their ROM in every single release but would like to have the latest nonetheless.

We can flash the new updates from CM manually right? even if CM officially wont support it?

Don't worry about CM....OPO will give steps to install CM updates manually in their forum.

the only thing to worry about is the yellow tint issue :-D

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
just got my OPO..First thing i checked is the yellow tint, and nope, luckily i dont have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Opened chrome browser and checked.turned my phone around and found no yellow tint. Even tried it with wallpapers and no issues. Its a Nov 14 batch

Zangetsu

just got my OPO..First thing i checked is the yellow tint, and nope, luckily i dont have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Opened chrome browser and checked.turned my phone around and found no yellow tint. Even tried it with wallpapers and no issues. Its a Nov 14 batch
Lucky!! bro...
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION]: can u update the OP with list of users having yellow issues ? if needed :mrgreen:

I m hearing that 6 out of 10 users r getting yellow issues

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
The yellow tint issues and the links pasted here doesn't inspire confidence. What to do? I am itching to buy it but holding off just barely!

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I suggest people who have yellow tint to keep using it, it should disappear eventually if it's the glue thing
But if it's anything else, I don't know how it could be solved,
But having read a few posts on OPO, most people who had the problem, it was rectified eventually
Trying the UV light is a good idea
And well if you aren't staisfied you can ask for a replacement

daemon1

Journeyman
The yellow tint issues and the links pasted here doesn't inspire confidence. What to do? I am itching to buy it but holding off just barely!

Wait for 2-3 months for service centers, customer care etc to start operating. At this point of time its a risk.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i have a small query though. Now that CM officially won't be supporting it, does it mean that OPO will instead give us Color OS like in China from Feb 2015.Or will some provisions be made for cm updates on OPO in later stages. Can one flash the phone to get the CM updates globally?Will it void warranty.
The device is lovely though

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I got my phone!

Since am a htc fanboy I thought I would dislike it as I expect top end design.
But I am quite impressed with it.
And I don't have any yellow tint issue!
CyanogenMod is so boring compared to Sense 6 and MiUI
Feels light.
Keeping the phone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom