Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

amjath

Human Spambot
Amjath bhai....need your mini/ultimate/deluxe rewiew on OPO if u get some time on weekends :-D

also do post the root/unlock link u followed for OPO

Sure bro. I have unboxing video as well to upload. I will do a unlock, root and flash rom all tutorial as well

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Damn finding invite is like a treasure hunt. wth were they thinking ?
I submitted the form in the OP, keeping fingers crossed.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Sorry guys am going through a busy patch right now. Also no invites in stock. Will get back when I have invites

daemon1

Journeyman
Guys, those who have bought OPO, Please share reviews..after reading the service center article and knowing about the yellow tint issue, I am totally confused now on whether to risk it or leave it

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys, those who have bought OPO, Please share reviews..after reading the service center article and knowing about the yellow tint issue, I am totally confused now on whether to risk it or leave it

service center is known for a new company. If you have a severe yellow tint issue then return it amazon is breeze in return [you will get a invite in return as well]. If the yellow tint is a little then can be rectified by early sunlight

anirudhd.91

Broken In

Got my one plus one and the yellow tint issue is cleary blown out of proportion. If I squint hard and keep tilting my phone, I think I can see a slight yellow bar at the bottom, but then again, my roommate tells me to stop imagining things. The phone is awesome. Breezing fast, brilliant color reproductivity on the screen, great battery. Get it. A steal for that price.

daemon1

Journeyman
service center is known for a new company. If you have a severe yellow tint issue then return it amazon is breeze in return [you will get a invite in return as well]. If the yellow tint is a little then can be rectified by early sunlight

But return only applicable for 10 days right? what if this comes up after 10 days or I fail to notice it in starting? They wont replace and as per OP its not t defect.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I need an invite, somebody has?

- - - Updated - - -

I have 1 question, am finding the wake up button unresponsive, i have to press it twice to open up!
And also is the display slightly curved ? or am i just imagining things?

$hadow

Geek in making
u mean updated CM in current batch of OPO ?

Yeah the current batch of phones are coming out patched from the get go.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah you are right but some people have reported a yellow band at the lower part of the screen which is a manufacturing defect

Well this problem could be with any phone just like Moto X 2nd gen has burn problem after a few days of usage.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
^^Its because AMOLED devices have tendency or actually when used they burn. Its inevitable and if one person keep his display on for a long time and display the same picture (i.e. The on screen buttons on moto x)

whereas on opo its actually manufacturing defect. Some say the glue is not totally dried.

daemon1

Journeyman
^^Its because AMOLED devices have tendency or actually when used they burn. Its inevitable and if one person keep his display on for a long time and display the same picture (i.e. The on screen buttons on moto x)

whereas on opo its actually manufacturing defect. Some say the glue is not totally dried.

Honestly, I was so eagerly waiting for OnePlus One but now I have changed my mind to take some other phone. Its very disappointing. First you have to fight for getting invite and upon receiving it you find that CM no longer will update, screen has fault etc. If you are restricting the sale to invite only, people expect the devices to be good if not best and these defects go against OPO.

tkin

Back to school!!
Honestly, I was so eagerly waiting for OnePlus One but now I have changed my mind to take some other phone. Its very disappointing. First you have to fight for getting invite and upon receiving it you find that CM no longer will update, screen has fault etc. If you are restricting the sale to invite only, people expect the devices to be good if not best and these defects go against OPO.
Exactly, that's why I'm skipping OPO. Will make do with G2 till OP2 launches. Let's see if they can get their act together by then.

rohit.anand

Right off the assembly line
Fiiiinallllllly ordered my One Plus this week.:-D:-D:-D:lol::lol::lol:
After so many posts and a million more PM's, One kind soul on the 'One plus forum' was kind enough to share an Invite with me.
Would get the phone on Monday.
Guys, can you please suggest what all accessories/ screen guards should i look in to for it.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats Rohit! You are one of the lucky few by the looks of it. Do keep us posted on how your experience with the flagship killer turns out? Do you agree to the hype? I would be very interested in knowing your personal take on the device!
May be you can head over to the Post Your Latest purchase thread and show off a bit?

rohit.anand

Right off the assembly line
Congrats Rohit! You are one of the lucky few by the looks of it. Do keep us posted on how your experience with the flagship killer turns out? Do you agree to the hype? I would be very interested in knowing your personal take on the device!
May be you can head over to the Post Your Latest purchase thread and show off a bit?

Thanks buddy, would share my thoughts about the phone when i get it next week.

Would surely show off my new phone when i get it.:-D :-D

amjath

Human Spambot
Yellow Hue

A number of queries were received on the yellowish hue of the screen. While we’d given a detailed explanation on this topic earlier (read here and here for more details), but let me try to explain it further.

There seem to be many issues at play here. Adhesive that haven't dried is one, but it's also affected by calibration, screen type (cold vs. warm panel), and also inherent product design issues. These are not quality issues, and are not covered by warranty. Anyone who aren't satisfied are more than welcome to send it back to us for a refund.

Adhesive: This is one of the key reason for yellow screen. However, this is temporary phenomenon since the screen color gradually improves as the adhesive dries over time.

Calibration: CM11S is calibrated to enhance the “warmness” in order to display more realistic colors and avoid fatigue when reading text with white backgrounds.

Screen type: There is a common misconception that the yellow hue is due to a “bad” production batch. OnePlus comes with a warm IPS screen from JDI (also the supplier of iPhone display screens). We use warmer screens since they accurately display skin tones to ensure better gaming, reading and video experience. Moreover, some of the users of other flagships including iPhone 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note and HTC One have experienced the same behavior.

Design: The 14 backlights under the OnePlus screen are placed very closed to the bottom edge to keep screen short and prevent leakage of light. As the brightness influences color temperature, it creates an impression of a yellow tint at the bottom.

To conclude, irrespective of whether you have noticed it or not, rest assured that it is not a quality issue, and it never was. Our phone is designed to give the user the best possible color rendition and performance. If you still have concerns and are not satisfied with our product, we will happily accept returns.

*forums.oneplus.net/threads/faqs-ota-updates-yellow-hue-and-other-issues.206352/

Top Bottom