Official iOS devices thread

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I do outdoor cycling for approx 30 mins with my Apple Watch as the only gadget with me during the activity. The activity ring does show Outdoor Cycling under Workouts but it doesn’t add it to the 30 Mins of the Exercise ring. But yesterday I took my iPhone with me and it did add the workout to the exercise ring. The watch is a series 3 non-cellular one.
Need to know why it doesn’t add the workout to my exercise ring when taking the watch alone?

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200822/0445cdbfbfe84fcb57aa377f53d788ae.jpg

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200822/3e1693433b2406c3b6d04bd8a9b25c78.jpg

I never had apple watch.What are its features and how does it track your movements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
If you have friends and relatives in USA/Canada. Then get this one and it works with your model

*www.adonit.net/jot/pixel/

Sadly i dont have friend and relatives in USA. Btw same model was available on amazon india but its currently out of stock.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I never had apple watch.What are its features and how does it track your movements?

Its a very handy activity tracker with built in functions to read messages and make calls right from your watch. I don’t have to carry my phone everywhere if I need to make my calls, silence my phone ring, reject any calls, get a glimpse of sms/whatsapp texts/emails/app notifications. You don’t read the whole content, it only displays first 4-5 lines of the text received but you get to know from whom it came and what is its importance like I get hundreds of email messages a day which I just glance over my watch and read only those on my phone which need attention like I read the notification of the above post on my watch. Also, its user interface is designed neatly that one doesn’t think for a moment that it is a bad investment. Initially when I was thinking of purchasing it a year ago I was not sure whether it will convince me but I went for it in the fk oct sale and I’m very satisfied with this purchase. It has a serious disadvantage that after wearing it you’ll think of your non-smart watches like the biggest waste of hardware . Like what a waste of hardware when your watch only tells time n day.
It has a very bright future as it will only get better with time.
Its not just an activity tracker but a full fledged device of its own. I think it comes with with built in GPS with a cellular /non-cellular version. I own a series 3 non cellular one. Even if I don’t take my phone with me for a walk outside, it will record the activities like number of steps/gps route covered and all and it will synchronize with the phone as soon as I return.

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Its a very handy activity tracker with built in functions to read messages and make calls right from your watch. I don’t have to carry my phone everywhere if I need to make my calls, silence my phone ring, reject any calls, get a glimpse of sms/whatsapp texts/emails/app notifications. You don’t read the whole content, it only displays first 4-5 lines of the text received but you get to know from whom it came and what is its importance like I get hundreds of email messages a day which I just glance over my watch and read only those on my phone which need attention like I read the notification of the above post on my watch. Also, its user interface is designed neatly that one doesn’t think for a moment that it is a bad investment. Initially when I was thinking of purchasing it a year ago I was not sure whether it will convince me but I went for it in the fk oct sale and I’m very satisfied with this purchase. It has a serious disadvantage that after wearing it you’ll think of your non-smart watches like the biggest waste of hardware . Like what a waste of hardware when your watch only tells time n day.
It has a very bright future as it will only get better with time.
Its not just an activity tracker but a full fledged device of its own. I think it comes with with built in GPS with a cellular /non-cellular version. I own a series 3 non cellular one. Even if I don’t take my phone with me for a walk outside, it will record the activities like number of steps/gps route covered and all and it will synchronize with the phone as soon as I return.
which watch version you have and how does it track calorie count etc?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have a cracked back glass.. can i install a dbrand skin?
Or can anyone suggest a light back case cover ??

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200913/547bc97e70a55ca3c7be472682d442ce.jpg

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Where is the promised Youtube 4k Playback for iPad OS 14 ?

There is no YT 4K for A12 and A12Z chip...After iOS 14 upgrade, YT app updated and enabled the option ‘Web RTC VP9‘ option for Safari‘s experimental feature....but no effect.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Won't the screen need to be 4k as well?

No need - As per iOS 14 / iPad OS 14 preview Official YT app shows / unlocks the 2160p (4K) and 1440p (2K) along with rest of option and this was applicable for iPhone as well iPad...but now after official iOS / PadOS release there is nothing - same 1080p max limitation.
For all iPad screen are capable showing more than 1080p resolution - despite of earlier promised this thing not implemented, This is a BIg Deal for user who can take advantage of the higher resolution of their tablets if not this is big deal to Apple and Google‘s VP9 codec battle.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
In Whatsapp, I want to hide all groups without exiting any.
In archiving, it hides for the period until a new message pops up. Then the group gets into the main chat threads list after which I have to archive again.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
In Whatsapp, I want to hide all groups without exiting any.
In archiving, it hides for the period until a new message pops up. Then the group gets into the main chat threads list after which I have to archive again.

Is there a whatsapp client that can do this feature? I’m finding it very annoying.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Why am I & few other colleagues in office also receiving the message to update payment details in Apple ID.

I have a recurring payment for iCloud storage. All was fine since 2016 but suddenly this issue popped up for the first time.

Message displays:

“Update Payment Details
There was a problem with your iCloud+ subscription payment. Update your payment details to keep your iCloud+ with 2 TB of storage plan. “

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why am I & few other colleagues in office also receiving the message to update payment details in Apple ID.

I have a recurring payment for iCloud storage. All was fine since 2016 but suddenly this issue popped up for the first time.

Message displays:

“Update Payment Details
There was a problem with your iCloud+ subscription payment. Update your payment details to keep your iCloud+ with 2 TB of storage plan. “
*www.livemint.com/money/personal-fi...m-next-month-details-here-11632628315861.html

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom