Official iOS devices thread

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Is there any other way to change the ipod touch 3g's firmware without using itunes ?

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

can ne one create an itunes account for me which doesnt require any credit card .please help me as i am not being able to jb my ipod touch 3g 32gb and my visa debit card is not working with itunes store. my email address is
kenprakash@gmail.com
Please help

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Sorry this email ID is already been taken,So plz create new email ID or retrieve with previous email.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

its true for software unlock , but theredo exist hardware unlocks

Its possible to unlock via software.

It cannot be unlocked, either via software or via hardware. The unlocked phones you see selling on the market are one that Apple itself sells unlocked in countries like Australia, England, Hong Kong and New Zealand.

The only reliable unlocking app in PwnageTool and it does not work with the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. The only software unlock that does work for the iPhone 4 is ultrasn0w and you need to be able to jailbreak an iPhone before you can use it, which in turn requires that the iPhone not be locked. So unless you have someone living in the USA jailbreak the iPhone before sending it to you, you cannot use ultrasn0w on it.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

It cannot be unlocked, either via software or via hardware. The unlocked phones you see selling on the market are one that Apple itself sells unlocked in countries like Australia, England, Hong Kong and New Zealand.

The only reliable unlocking app in PwnageTool and it does not work with the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. The only software unlock that does work for the iPhone 4 is ultrasn0w and you need to be able to jailbreak an iPhone before you can use it, which in turn requires that the iPhone not be locked. So unless you have someone living in the USA jailbreak the iPhone before sending it to you, you cannot use ultrasn0w on it.

bro i write the same thing iphone 4 unlocked via software(ultrasn0w ).Ofcousre if you want to unlocked your iphone so need JB first.And Version 1.0-1 of ultrasn0w works for:

* iPhone4 baseband 01.59
* 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04.

planetbeing was the one working on ultrasn0w with musclenerd.

PraKs

Youngling

Need Help.... Stuck on iPhone logo..

Here is a situation - iPhone 3G 8GB was unlocked & jailbroken & was on 3.1.3 (have no idea on bootrom etc)

Now person wanted to format the phone so it was restored from settings of iPhone (without connecting to iTunes),
it said it will delete all the data & pressed Ok.

It said, It will take some minutes/hours.. it went on & on.. now stuck with screen below.

*i35.tinypic.com/rlweon.jpg

Have no idea if it needs to be connected to iTunes & need to use some DFU, Do not have access to Wifi so cant use jailbreakme. ( Its just stuck at
logo so cant even go to any site). Do I need to save any SHSH blob thing ?

Have PC installed with latest iTunes 64 bit. Can someone tell me what to do now ?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

First thing is SHSH blob is save so u r able to downgrade ur firmware and second have u try to kick the phone from DFU mode try it.Don't its not a big problem, if u do most worst thing with iphone excluding physical damage, it never will hang always show the apple logo.

Kick the iPhone out of DFU mode and make it reboot. I always disconnect iPhone and Mac/PC but can be done even when connected.
1. Hold Start/Sleep and Home until the Apple logo shows up on the iPhone screen. This may take up to 30-60 seconds.
2. Let go of both buttons, the iPhone will reboot.

amitlw

Right off the assembly line

Trending Apple iPad

Browse: Home / Crazy Talks, Featured Category / Trending Apple iPad
Trending Apple iPad

By Masked Menace on August 28, 2010

Travelling time in Mumbai is increasing exponentially with increasing number of cars adding each month. Being from the technology background I keep searching for time cutters which would be handy yet powerful. I would talk about mobile yet powerful has personal computer. 4words are iPad. It has everything images, video, itunes, apps, mail, maps, calendar and contacts.
Read more on -- ABTStudioz: Dreams Fulfilled

PraKs

Youngling

@nightmare,

Did the same thing

1. Hold Start/Sleep and Home until the Apple logo shows up on the iPhone screen. This may take up to 30-60 seconds.
2. Let go of both buttons, the iPhone will reboot.

Again same logo... Do I need to connect to iTunes ?

PraKs

Youngling

Can any one on forum guide me through this JB thing on phone ?

Too many confusion for new bie.. Please PM me if you can spend 10 mints of your time on phone & guide in this.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

ok try this may be this time it will be work if not so try restore ur phone then if u have save ur SHSH blob so u can downgrade ur iphone firmware because itunes not allow to restore 3.1.3 which is ur current firmware version and if ur update to 4.0 so there is no problem u able JB ur phone on this firmware.have try run comet on this logo stage ?

Kick the iPhone out of simple restore/recovery mode and make it reboot.
1. Connect iPhone and your PC/Mac, quit iTunes.
2. Hold Start/Sleep and Home for 10 seconds (I always count 100, 200, 300,...)
3. Let go of Home button but keep holding Start/Sleep until the Apple logo on the iPhone screen shows up.
4. Let go of Start/Sleep, the iPhone will boot

Regarding to ur phone calling u suppose to pay ISD call rates.Don't worry there is lot of other communication channel.

PraKs

Youngling

@NIGHTMARE
Thank you let me try.

Is there any one from Bangalore who are master in Apple JB things ?

PraKs

Youngling

Looking for iPhone guys in Bangalore.

Can anyone help in clearing some confusion & welcome new bie to Apple camp ?

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Looking for iPhone guys in Bangalore.

Can anyone help in clearing some confusion & welcome new bie to Apple camp ?

Ya dude tell me.. i am from Bang. But whats there with JB to do with Bang

Top Bottom