Official iOS devices thread

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

My iPod Touch shipped with 3.1.3 firmware.I want to JB it using spirit, but am a bit nervous since there is no word yet on the reliability of the method.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

)

I have d/l spirit and 3.1.3 firmware. Since no wifi, I am yet to try it. For win 7 64bit users, run spirit in compatibility mode of 98 and also as admin.

Hi,I am also using win 7 x64 and run compatibility mode of 98 and ME(Run as administrator)i have no issue spirit work like charm very very easy JB as compare all just one click that all.my every application is working fine my cra*k app give new life to my iphone.And take backup of shsh blob

My iPod Touch shipped with 3.1.3 firmware.I want to JB it using spirit, but am a bit nervous since there is no word yet on the reliability of the method.

bro do it no worry.And take backup of shsh blob

dreams

Gracias Senor

^^ were you prev Jb by blackra1n or this is the first time you did?

Can you let us know the step by step activities you have followed to Jb using spirit.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

^^ were you prev Jb by blackra1n or this is the first time you did?

Can you let us know the step by step activities you have followed to Jb using spirit.

No this not my first time already done with 3G iphone but in 3GS yes its my first time.I am using Win7 x64.

I want to confirm you its only jailbreak tool which does not upgrade your baseband and no unlock.If you are 3.1.2 so you are able to unlock otherwise you lost your signal.

Step--1 Download and install Spirit from here.

Step--2 Take a backup with itunes or use iPhone Backup Extractor

Step--3 Connect your iphone with pc,if itunes appear so close it.

Step--4 Before running Spirit make sure its in compatibility mode Window 98/Me after that run spirit as administrator.

Step--5 Now spirit shows you iphone 3GS is connect just and click on Jailbreak after few second it will show complete and jailbreak button change into Quit,its done then iphone restart and Apple logo appears.You can see cydia in your iphone.

After jail-breaking please take backup of your SHSH blobs.

If you have any query please free to ask

Last edited:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...

JB'd my Touch using Spirit.Can see Cydia now on my springboard.Now the hurdle: I need Wifi to download all the goodies from Cydia as well as to fetch some good e-books for reading in Stanza as well as to play multiplayer games as well as to access iTunes Store on the Touch itself rather than PC as well as to.......you get the idea.So I am looking for a way to share my PC internet with my iPod, but have no idea no to accomplish it.Any help.?

dreams

Gracias Senor

No this not my first time already done with 3G iphone but in 3GS yes its my first time.I am using Win7 x64.

I want to confirm you its only jailbreak tool which does not upgrade your baseband and no unlock.If you are 3.1.2 so you are able to unlock otherwise you lost your signal.

Step--1 Download and install Spirit from here.

Step--2 Take a backup with itunes or use iPhone Backup Extractor

Step--3 Connect your iphone with pc,if itunes appear so close it.

Step--4 Before running Spirit make sure its in compatibility mode Window 98/Me after that run spirit as administrator.

Step--5 Now spirit shows you iphone 3GS is connect just and click on Jailbreak after few second it will show complete and jailbreak button change into Quit,its done then iphone restart and Apple logo appears.You can see cydia in your iphone.

After jail-breaking please take backup of your SHSH blobs.

If you have any query please free to ask
Buddy you have missed the main part..ok, let me explain my situation.
Mine is a factory unlocked 3gs running 3.1.2 firmware jb using blackra1n
When I read about spirit, first and foremost thing to follow is to remove the jb or simply restore 3gs to the orig firmware. In my case, i can update to 3.1.3.
Once done, I should run spirit which will jb my 3gs running on 3.1.3

Did you fall in any of these? Like the firmware part?
Also how to take backup of SHSH blobs?

JB'd my Touch using Spirit.Can see Cydia now on my springboard.Now the hurdle: I need Wifi to download all the goodies from Cydia as well as to fetch some good e-books for reading in Stanza as well as to play multiplayer games as well as to access iTunes Store on the Touch itself rather than PC as well as to.......you get the idea.So I am looking for a way to share my PC internet with my iPod, but have no idea no to accomplish it.Any help.?
I am also in the same situation buddy and this is the reason I am hesitating to try the jb.

Anybody can guide us the way to use the internet connection other than GPRS/Edge/3G and WiFi?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Buddy you have missed the main part..ok, let me explain my situation.
Mine is a factory unlocked 3gs running 3.1.2 firmware jb using blackra1n
When I read about spirit, first and foremost thing to follow is to remove the jb or simply restore 3gs to the orig firmware. In my case, i can update to 3.1.3.
Once done, I should run spirit which will jb my 3gs running on 3.1.3

Did you fall in any of these? Like the firmware part?
Also how to take backup of SHSH blobs?

I am also in the same situation buddy and this is the reason I am hesitating to try the jb.

If u have official unlocked so why u r scaring.But sorry i don't understand wat u want ask ?

If u want JB 3.1.3,so update ur firmware of iphone via itunes and use the step which i mention and take backup.

download Auto SHSH Tool for backup ur SHSH blobs from here

Before running auto shsh put ur phone in recovery mode follow the step

Get the iPhone into simple restore/recovery mode. When in this mode on the iPhone the iTunes logo and the USB cable is shown (Apple default), or "Steve" (Standard Pwnage) or your custom recovery logo.
1. Disconnect iPhone from your PC/Mac if not done already.
2. Hold Power/Sleep until the red slider shows up, slide to shut the iPhone down. If this aint work hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down. Put it aside.
3. Start iTunes on your PC/Mac and make sure to have the latest version.
4. On the iPhone press Home button and keep holding it while connecting the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
5. iTunes will detect an iPhone in recovery mode, the iPhone shown the recovery logo.

If agian facing any issue or hesitated to JB any of reason PM me ur Gtalk or skype ID i will add u.

dreams

Gracias Senor

Thnx a bunch m8..comes in handy..I am now in the process of using my computer internet in iPhone. if succeeded, will jb for sure.

BTW, like trying the OS 4.0 Beta??

Update: Success on using iPhone with my broadband.

Follow the steps in this thread..

*www.hackint0sh.org/f127/32902.htm

I am using it now..wow!!!!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

^^ u want to use ur broadband connection in ur iphone ?R u having wireless router or laptop with wifi card enable.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...

I has no wireless network adapter on my PC.! Will have to search the local market for a cheap USB-based one....

dreams

Gracias Senor

successfully updated to 3.1.3 and jb wit spirit..worked like a charm!!!
tnx nightmare.. :)

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...

Hmm...apps like ifunbox and iphone PC suite still report my Touch as jailed despite JBing it with Spirit.Can someone verify this.?

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

What will be the screen replacement cost of iPhone 3G 16 GB? I broke my inner LCD in an accident.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

successfully updated to 3.1.3 and jb wit spirit..worked like a charm!!!
tnx nightmare.. :)
more than welcome brother.hey are you using laptop ?

Hmm...apps like ifunbox and iphone PC suite still report my Touch as jailed despite JBing it with Spirit.Can someone verify this.?

Ya it will work like charm i am using it,but you have to install a application from called afc2add from cydia (just search it ),which enable ifunbox to access root file system because ifunbox used AFC2 service to browser.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

What will be the screen replacement cost of iPhone 3G 16 GB? I broke my inner LCD in an accident.

around 8k in delhi gafar market.3G LCD is cheaper than 2G.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I has no wireless network adapter on my PC.! Will have to search the local market for a cheap USB-based one....

i have no idea wat is price this time but i bought wi-fi USB belkin company which cost me 1000 or 1200 1 yr ago.

dreams

Gracias Senor

more than welcome brother.hey are you using laptop ?
Yes, I do. Also, I ran spirit using 98 compatibility mode.

BTW, do u experience battery drain? I experience a lot. What theme are u using?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Yes, I do. Also, I ran spirit using 98 compatibility mode.

BTW, do u experience battery drain? I experience a lot. What theme are u using?

If you using win7 so don't need to worry about sharing Wi-Fi connection just download this software it will share your LAN connection via laptop to other device and its easy to use.I hope you like it.

Download

No issue with battery and using Buuf2 theme from cydia.

dreams

Gracias Senor

Buuf2..gud one.,I used the same. Like it.
I got info abt copnnectify frmanother forum, but managed to use the inbuilt ad-hoc conn frm Win 7. Works like a breeze.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

^^ you have purchased cover for your ipod from ebay global right so they will delivered the item to any other countries also ?

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor

This facility is basically to get items from abroad to india. I got mine from a hong kong dealer. Damn cheap and authentic.

Top Bottom