Official iOS devices thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

And regarding the tablet, If apple tablet clicks everyone will start concentrate onbetter h/w design and better quality notebooks and this would mean that atom will lose it's shone as it won't be able to drive the eye candy and bling that will be offered.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

^
Yeah, Ubuntu Karmic Koala is a really good OS. I'm also dual booting it with Windows 7.

Coming back to topic, is iPhone 4G going to come out this year? I'm gonna skip 3G S so I'm kinda impatient for 4G.

That should be in may/June if I am right. I think AMOLED and unibody will come to iPhone/ipt

sachitgul

Journeyman

^^ gud.
Jan 27th, @ Apple Event, iPhone OS 4.0 is getting released. Fingers crossed. But, wil take some time to upgrade, since we cannt expect a JB for it.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF!!
isn't dat just a rumor???

i mean next week i was going to buy my iPod Touch !!
now i am having second thoughts..
shuld i wait for the 4.0 OS to come?

since i have to pay some money to upgrade it and u said i cant use Indian Credit cards...

also why isnt iPT OS 4.0 not gng to be JB-able??

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

WTF!!

since i have to pay some money to upgrade it and u said i cant use Indian Credit cards...

he means JB after some time and not as soon as released

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

WTF!!

Not sure if its true, but I remember somewhere saying that iPhoneOS 4.0 is only for iPhones and not iTouches.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

if it is released for the iPhone then it will surely come for the iPT..
since they run on the same hardware..
Not necessarily true. Each device has a deviceID which can be blacklisted in the firmware. Unless you hack the firmware there is no legal/clean way to get it running on unsupported devices.

In fact, BGR goes even further in saying that its only for iPhone 3G and 3GS: *www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/01/19...tailed-also-apple-calling-tablet-the-itablet/

*www.maclife.com/article/news/iphone_os_40_features_detailed

Will have to wait and watch till the actual thing comes out.

After selling off my iPhone I don't feel all that comfortable with any other phone I've used so far. I'm thinking about going back to iPhone. Will iPhone come officially to India? If not than I think I need to get it from other sources. Should I wait or just go ahead and get myself one of those beauties? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

After selling off my iPhone I don't feel all that comfortable with any other phone I've used so far. I'm thinking about going back to iPhone. Will iPhone come officially to India? If not than I think I need to get it from other sources. Should I wait or just go ahead and get myself one of those beauties? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

are you asking for iphone or iphone 3gs?

dreams

Gracias Senor

Clarify me!! Isnt 3G S available in India till date? If available, how much is it?

Edit: Got info from Google that it is not released yet.

Gud news: I am a proud owner of iPhone 3GS 16GB bought from Malaysia day before. :)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. it's not availble in India officially and I heard that it costs around 40k-45k in grey market.

dreams

Gracias Senor

iPhone OS 3.1.3 released. With this all exploits which made JB possible was blocked. Esp the exploit used by Geohot(blackra1n)

No major changes, juz bug fixes.

Battery, 3rd party apps launch, etc.

Any1 tried?

^^ from whr??
Well I know a dealer here who imports and unlocks Australian version of the iPhone 3G S. All the iPhones are designed in California and assembled in China. So, I went ahead with the cheaper Australian version. After all it's the same thing with the same awesome build quality, it's just that the Australian charger is a tad too big. I can live with it :D One more problem is that all the Australian iPhones are week 40+ builds which means they need a tethered jailbreak for now. Mine itself is week 41.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think it's the time to add 'iPad' in the title of this thread.

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor

Well I know a dealer here who imports and unlocks Australian version of the iPhone 3G S. All the iPhones are designed in California and assembled in China. So, I went ahead with the cheaper Australian version. After all it's the same thing with the same awesome build quality, it's just that the Australian charger is a tad too big. I can live with it :D One more problem is that all the Australian iPhones are week 40+ builds which means they need a tethered jailbreak for now. Mine itself is week 41.
So u bought one, unlocked and tethered JB done?

Luckily I got mine from KL. Rumours are here, stating iPhone 3GS will be available in India from August and would cost 32000.

Actually the dealer has some relative in Australia who buys and unlocks iPhones and ships them here. It was already Jailbroken and unlocked when I got it. But later I restored and updated it to 3.1.2 and then Jailbroke it myself with Blackra1n. What about yours?
As for the availability of 3G S in India, by the time it comes here 4G(or whatever the next-gen iPhone is called) will be out. Either way, we've got the latest and the greatest. :D

dreams

Gracias Senor

Ok, Actually I am hesitant in Jb. As it is (un)tethered, I am afraid. Also learnt, wifi doesnt function properly after Jb, and issues wit battery drain..is it so? Hw do u term ur experience b4/after Jb.

And tru, we own the greatest and latest iphone. Feelin proud!!!!!!

Top Bottom