Official iOS devices thread

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

@dhan_shh In Neo what is modding support same as like Samsung Galaxy S2 or less ? means custom ROM other stuff related same area.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

@Nightmare,As of now,I've not done rooting of Neo V,but I believe a lot of work-up done by XDA team.

If you are interested,you can have a look: [TUT][NEO V ] Flashing, Rooting, ADB drivers, ClockWork-Mod Installation - xda-developers

Long Live XDA team of developers!

Flipper13

Right off the assembly line

Apple iPhones are good when used with 3G services but they can only be found in urban cities. Most of the village sides and sub urban ones are still using the 2G services and iPhones are not good with that. Apple iPhone 4S and higher models are very poor in case of supporting the features and the applications of the broadband in most of the places and they are definitely not as good as Nokia N8 and above models of the Nokia. iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S does not really have that good product replacement service and also the warranty policies especially when compared to that of Nokia Lumia 800 smart phones. This really causes a lot of trouble to the people who buy them.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^dude live in the second largest urban area in the world, still dont get a steady 3G connection on all towers, use 2G on the iPhone 3GS for everything I need, not a prolem, only thing it cant handle is youtube and app downloads - messaging, mail, forums, multiplayer games - all work like a charm on 2G.
Remember the people who make mobile content are particularly aware of bandwidth constraints, they are trying to use as little resources as possible, instead of making bloated software with as many features as possible that eat up resources like crazy. mobile publishers are not adobe, they wont include video-conferincing features in their mp3 player haha

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Guys,Clear my doubts on this

Currently I m using iOS 4.3.5 (not JB)

The Untethered JB for iOS 5.0.1 is around the corner...
so if I upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 & do not JB it.
& save the SHSH blobs...
so will I be able to do the untethered JB on 5.0.1 in future even if the official signing is closed by apple servers?

Ayuclack

*qwich.in

Save Your SHSH in both tiny Umbrella and iFaith To Be sure for unthethered Jailbreak....

Guys,Clear my doubts on this

Currently I m using iOS 4.3.5 (not JB)

The Untethered JB for iOS 5.0.1 is around the corner...
so if I upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 & do not JB it.
& save the SHSH blobs...
so will I be able to do the untethered JB on 5.0.1 in future even if the official signing is closed by apple servers?

Does the jailbreak available now?

To answer your questions shsh blobs won't work in iOS 5.x. Apple changed the way the ipsw gets signed. Save your 4.3.5 shsh so that u can downgrade in future if u want.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

just a small ?, why do ppl jb iphone ??? & after that are most of the apps free or u gotta buy them ???

to get most out of it....

cydia,themes,games..hack,tweaks etc...

full customisation :))

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@ax3

Then you can fully customise the iOS in any way you think. Great themes and many other goodies become usable.
But I am fine with the default iOS :wink:

vaibhav23

In the zone

iPod has International Warranty if I am right.
Amazon is offering iPod for 189$ and someone is offering me discount coupons wirth 21$.So is it worth buying from US.My aunt will be coming in 1st week of January from US.
The final price will be 168$ which after conversion will be much less than the Indian price of 13.5k.
Note:
I am talking about iPod Touch 4G 8GB

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Yes the deal is very sweet indeed. 8 818.43473 Indian rupees is very good for the iPod Touch.

vaibhav23

In the zone

@techfreak congrats u have got 4k posts
So I am thinking to get it.But is the Kindle fire a better deal

AJK

Broken In

is there anyway i can install iOS5 on my ipod touch 2nd gen(8gb) model ?? if yes could u guide me through the procedure ??

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@ajk

unfortunately no. Even I want to install it on my 2nd gen iPod but no we cannot :(
@sunny10
Thanks. But iPod Touch is a better deal. Take my words. I have been owning the iPod Touch and it is a great overall device. Why not try it out in any big mall? You will be taken aback :wink: exactly the iPhone minus the calling feature.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

You can download iOS 5.1 iPhone wallpapers (Is it really true? or not?)

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/iphone1.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/iphone-3.png

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/iphone-4.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/iphone-2.png

Enjoy!

[Source: *9to5mac.com/2011/12/16/download-ap...ers-coming-in-ios-5-1-iphone-versions-too/ ]

Last edited:

iPod has International Warranty if I am right.
Amazon is offering iPod for 189$ and someone is offering me discount coupons wirth 21$.So is it worth buying from US.My aunt will be coming in 1st week of January from US.
The final price will be 168$ which after conversion will be much less than the Indian price of 13.5k.
Note:
I am talking about iPod Touch 4G 8GB

sweet deal, but check out if its brand new. most of the iPod available on amazon are refurbished. just check the details, and if all seems good order it.

sorry didn't get u??

Damn...SHSH blobs of 5.0.1 can't be saved....:evil:

I was asking if the iOs5.01 untether is out, coz I am back to 4.3.5.

I reverted to iOS 4.3.5 coz of gta3, my friends iPh4 runs on 4.3.5 without any crashes, where as my iPhone4 iOS5.01 the game was crashing a lot. :-?

Thanks to the jailbreak team, I can revert to iOs4.3XX anytime I want. :mrgreen:

Top Bottom