Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Even I am hoping for the same. :D

BTW some news channel was showing Afridi saying (on Geo TV, a Pak news channel) that SL and India will play the finals!!! Great guy, what can I say :p

One more BTW. All these times when India won over Pak in WC matches, I think that bookies also have some role to play. I am not underestimating our strength but Pak is no weaker team.

Moreover one more piece of news is making rounds that the match is fixed and India will lose, though it is unbelievable.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
lol, I had a dream today.

India made 261 in 50 overs with Sachin making 68 and Sehwag 92.

I woke up when Pakistan were about to chase. :mrgreen:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

BTW some news channel was showing Afridi saying (on Geo TV, a Pak news channel) that SL and India will play the finals!!! Great guy, what can I say :p

One more BTW. All these times when India won over Pak in WC matches, I think that bookies also have some role to play. I am not underestimating our strength but Pak is no weaker team.

Moreover one more piece of news is making rounds that the match is fixed and India will lose, though it is unbelievable.

No way that india will match fix n such crucial match.. If so, they are brainless idiots...

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

Even some of my frnd wer sayin match was fixed as heavy bettings is on india according some IT official

But i can't believe such things, may be they said to bet on pakistan ;-) who knows...

dsneih

da Mafia
we are good in batting .. and they are good in bowling .. if we tackle there bowling specially afridi and gul carefully then we can be on safer side ..

but we have history of loosing quickly in death overs .. things improved after inclusion of the raina ... he did great job in last match ...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
With current form (the way Indian team beat Australia) Pakistan is no biggie :)

@ico: Please do let us know when you see the rest if the dream!

All the people around me have different opinions about this match which is really making me angsty :(
Can't help it. Taking off on Wednesday though they have installed a big screen and projector for the match but need to watch it with calmness in mind at home...

Last edited:

dsneih

da Mafia
agree the last match we were in best of our performance ..

but still .. we have seen in few matches where we lost 9 wickets in just 29 runs ..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
IINW, we are very good at spin, where Pak excels. So i guess we can easily tackle their spinners but i don't know about the bowling. Coz Pak is too bad in batting and even to score a decent 200+ they are struggling (or it looks like to me :lol:)

ANd yes, the mess we are getting into during last mandatory powerplays need to be changed. Otherwise we'll end up loosing a simple match.

azzu

AJJU
Its been discussion's , Arguments , hopes and alot ..on this much hype'd (mother of all crick games) Match..
dunno how the Players of two teams are coping with the pressure...
one has to lose at the end :( (hope its not..-you know who- )

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
pointed out correctly azzu :|
even I wonder how would Indian players feel when they come out to play in front of thousands of spectators which may include country heads too sometimes! Then another billion or so would be watching them on TV too.

BTW stumbled upon an interesting article ;)
*www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/rep...tan-says-numerologist-sanjya-b-jumani_1525494
Though I hate such guys who "make" predictions. If they come out correct they'd boast, if wrong they go into hiding. Just another random read.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think India should be able to win against Pak quite easy.

I just hope one of the teams dont play each other and match is one sided....will be quite boring...

TV ratings should burst for ESPN/Star

Finally I voted for India!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ I am getting crazier or are you posted something that no one can understand?
I think this cricket fever is getting me too.. btw my class 10 board has ended couple of hours back....probably getting crazy(me that is)

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
I think India should be able to win against Pak quite easy.

I just hope one of the teams dont play each other and match is one sided....will be quite boring...

TV ratings should burst for ESPN/Star

Finally I voted for India!

I can't understand what you are saying. Plz write it in proper english.

Top Bottom