Official Heroes Discussion Thread [Warning: may contain spoilers!]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details may be reveled. Read on your own risk.
Heroes is an American science fiction drama television series, created by Tim Kring, which premiered on NBC on September 25, 2006. The show tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel and flight. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving mankind.
Now that the show has taken a break until April 23rd, we can discuss how the show is in the first season and maybe get a few doubts cleared - because the show is little confusing with 12 characters and the comics narration style.

Oh also avoid talking about show that have not aired in India.

My first question : do you think Mr.Bennet is evil ?

Last edited:
OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Official Heroes Discussion Thread

I think the last episode aired on Star World is "six months ago"

Possible

Custom User Title

Six Months Ago... Wow, What can we talk about then? Cause the real pace has just picked up, the final chapters begun and Peter ... Well, I'll stop.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I started watching it some days ago; right now downloading HDTV rips from torrent. Gosh, these HDTV rips are better than my TV Feed in computer :p

So far 11 episodes are downloaded along with episode 18.

The story is much like X-Men. Human evolution, however in a wrong manner. The way a human body is made, we can only get evolution in things & functions our body already does.

1) Clair bannet = Wolverine = Tissue regeneration - This is possible in Human, we already have this in form of White blood cells, Tissue regeneration is just enhanced version of this ability & our body does heals itself automatically.

2) Isaac Mendez = Yup, we do have an idea even now about the future. But our own future not someone else.

3) Telekinesis = Impossible to occur in human beings. How do u thing something can move? Brainwaves are not this powerful, just think of a possible explanation this can never occur in humans

4) Time stop = Time is as fast as you are, this is possible in theory.

5) Ability to go through object - DL Hawkins & Kitty pride = Nope, impossible. This would mean for a seconds the atoms of our body & the object mixup....which is impossible. This will change the state of final body.

Well, for a fantasy serial, it is tooo good. The actress for Niki sanders is quite Hot :D.

P.S. - I wonder what syler does to grab the powers of others. Does he eat the brain? Yuck.....

Last edited:
OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz

well yea. most of you download away episodes to glory and watch em. I however fells its nice to wait each week and watch the episodes. Makes it interesting. the story uptill now is pretty foxing though. Oh a trivia question- which mobile phone is claire bennet using in the episode "Homecoming"

Sourabh

Laptoping

Maverick340 said:
well yea. most of you download away episodes to glory and watch em. I however fells its nice to wait each week and watch the episodes. Makes it interesting. the story uptill now is pretty foxing though. Oh a trivia question- which mobile phone is claire bennet using in the episode "Homecoming"

I don't recollect the episode name, but it should be T-mobile's Sidekick.

Possible

Custom User Title

Yep, its the Sidekick alright.

@gx_gaurav - Patience. It'll soon be clear if he eats it with a fork or if he just takes a piece of paper and draws a DNA pattern and eats that instead. Or...

@Maverick340 - I've waited every single week since it began, I still remember the lovely narrations of Mohinder (Sendhil) as Peter jumps off the building in his clairvoyant dreams amongst other things. You think we downloaders download all at a time? Nah, we wait, with a lot of patience, for every Monday night, or Tuesdays :p Only, we were ahead and active, before you probably came to know of it in Indian TV Promos. :D

Is there a Prison Break thread around?

Sourabh

Laptoping

No PB thread, there was a Lost thread earlier. Discussing a TV show on a forum is so lame.

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz

^^why so ? if there can be a World Cup thread 20 pages long .. why not a TV show. I actually started this thread not to discuss episodes but trivia related to it.

@Possible : well yea i would dl too if i had a nice broadband ...my luck with bband has been sh*tty

Last edited:

lalam

In the zone

I'm a big fan of this show too and haven't missed a single episode aired on star world till date....Its good whatever it maybe i just wished i had hiro's ability :D

Possible

Custom User Title

Hiro will appear in Season 2 too, with a new love interest and perhaps locked away in a different century. Tim Kring is clearly showing us that the future cant change no matter what you do, so I guess what Hiro say at Issac's place will come true, and the moment after that too. Tim's confirmed that the explosion will definitely take place at the end of the season (Episode 23).

Also, you people read the Novels don't you? ;)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

The last 2 eps. were simply fantastic ..esp. Mr Bennets flashback ep (company man)... me now thinking abt the last ep. as one power absorber (peter) faces another parasite.... now what will happen ?????

Can't wait for the next ep.... its s***y that we hafta wait do long till APril for the next one :x

Possible

Custom User Title

rockthegod said:
The last 2 eps. were simply fantastic ..esp. Mr Bennets flashback ep (company man)... me now thinking abt the last ep. as one power absorber (peter) faces another parasite.... now what will happen ?????

Can't wait for the next ep.... its s***y that we hafta wait do long till APril for the next one :x

You don't know whats in store for you mate. They put it on hiatus AND asked viewers to submit their ideas. This leads to one simple conclusion, they take all our ideas of an ending and process them to a paper shredder (thats recycle bin to us) and make a totally different idea, fresh and free from predictablity. If you still don't have trust that they are gonna do that, you can look at what happened to Hiro's Blog. Whoever knew they can bring all those elements into a TV Show!

And Indyan's right as well, its a sci-fi show afterall, soon comparable with the other mights like Star Trek. (Hiro's Vulcan Salute anyone? :D)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Just for some show off, here are some gadgets used in Heroes.

Mr. Bennet's home computer, damn it runs Windows 98. Itna kanjoos :D

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/264/homepcruningwindows98wr0.th.jpg

Claire & Jach running Linux with KDE on a Dell laptop

*img512.imageshack.us/img512/7829/delllaptopruninglinuxsl0.th.jpg

Curater in Linderman's Archives using Dell 30" LCD

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/6488/curatorusingdell30eq5.th.jpg

bloody iPod nano, once used by Dale

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/1881/heroesuseipodnanoso9.th.jpg

Micah & nikky playing on PS3

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/1356/micahplayingps3fq8.th.jpg

Tad using Windows XP on a Dell to chat with Wireless

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/5291/heroesusesxpnp7.th.jpg

Possible

Custom User Title

And that PS3 game, its still not out ;)

@Indyan - I guess you'd be smart enough to have figured it out by now that it was from the Future Hiro, and a message to Flower, or in Japanese, 'Hana'. ;) Man, his codes really screwed my head. Took me an hour for that poetry thing and 9-Wonders for the binary.

If you don't read the novels... you won't understand a thing. Many mysteries are solved in it. Many. And AWI is going down too ;) Keep reading.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

gx_saurav said:
Just for some show off, here are some gadgets used in Heroes.

Mr. Bennet's home computer, damn it runs Windows 98. Itna kanjoos :D

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/264/homepcruningwindows98wr0.th.jpg

Claire & Jach running Linux with KDE on a Dell laptop

*img512.imageshack.us/img512/7829/delllaptopruninglinuxsl0.th.jpg

Curater in Linderman's Archives using Dell 30" LCD

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/6488/curatorusingdell30eq5.th.jpg

bloody iPod nano, once used by Dale

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/1881/heroesuseipodnanoso9.th.jpg

Micah & nikky playing on PS3

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/1356/micahplayingps3fq8.th.jpg

Tad using Windows XP on a Dell to chat with Wireless

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/5291/heroesusesxpnp7.th.jpg

Nice .

BTW that PS3 game was 'Heavenly Sword' its going to release soon , the footage shown in the episode was also shown 2 days later in GDC. It was a promotion by Sony in the episode.

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz

Such subtle promotion. Look at sony TVs soaps. Blatant bloody promotion !
Oh btw in the last pic, which s/w is he using ? Sure thats XP ? and any guess which disrto of linux it is ?
gx, lovely post - thanks so much !

Possible

Custom User Title

Its Windows alright judging from the tray and this screenshot. I guess the same will help you figure out what software. I guess its some IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom