Official AT&T Pantech Burst Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
How to install it, w/o losing all my apps and data. If i don't wipe cache and factory reset, will it work? I am on May 29 build.

DevilGamer

Broken In
How to install it, w/o losing all my apps and data. If i don't wipe cache and factory reset, will it work? I am on May 29 build.

Don't wipe data/factory reset if you want to keep apps and data...
1. Wipe cache
2. Wipe dalvik cache
3. Format system
4. Flash ROM
5. Mount system (optional, it doesn't make a diff. But I do it :p)
6. Flash gapps

Wiping cache is important.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Don't wipe data/factory reset if you want to keep apps and data...
1. Wipe cache
2. Wipe dalvik cache
3. Format system
4. Flash ROM
5. Mount system (optional, it doesn't make a diff. But I do it :p)
6. Flash gapps

Wiping cache is important.

Don't format system... Do the other steps...

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i have come to know that newer versions of AOKP and PA ROMs have been released. not checked myself though.

also, my observations after using CM10 for 3 days:

- i felt that it took about a day for the ROM to optimise itself.
- battery back-up improved. i have set the CPU-governor to smartassv2, and using apps like 'one power guard', 'greenify', and 'RAM manager'.
- youtube video-viewing experience has dramatically improved! not sure as to how. earlier, on stock ROM, the youtube app used to get freezed many-a-times, and buffering was slow in HQ. but on CM10, no such thing!
- haven't encountered any lags as such; though system did get slowed down once because of some process taking a while.
- didn't play any games (not interested in touch-screen games), so can't comment on this aspect.
- operator-network as well as wifi drop to zero and then get back to normal many-a-times. i have read atleast one more user reporting this on some other forum. on stock ROM, the operator-network did use to go ON-OFF several times, but not the wifi network. CM10 gives you a bonus in that way!! *www.erodov.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
- i feel that CM10 is good for beginners in custom ROMs; has more options & settings than the stock ROM, and less than its other counterparts like slimbean and AOKP.
- am using CM10 with Smart Launcher, with crystal 2 theme applied, and the UI looks & feels superb!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Screenshot please...

*i.imgur.com/41OeTVi.png *i.imgur.com/asUkH7M.png *i.imgur.com/YTyPDAi.png *i.imgur.com/ptrb96G.png

some great things about this UI is that, as one can see in the 3rd picture, all the apps have been arranged categorically, which looks very neat & systematic. also, it's swift to browse through.

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i have come to know that newer versions of AOKP and PA ROMs have been released. not checked myself though.

also, my observations after using CM10 for 3 days:

- i felt that it took about a day for the ROM to optimise itself.
- battery back-up improved. i have set the CPU-governor to smartassv2, and using apps like 'one power guard', 'greenify', and 'RAM manager'.
- youtube video-viewing experience has dramatically improved! not sure as to how. earlier, on stock ROM, the youtube app used to get freezed many-a-times, and buffering was slow in HQ. but on CM10, no such thing!
- haven't encountered any lags as such; though system did get slowed down once because of some process taking a while.
- didn't play any games (not interested in touch-screen games), so can't comment on this aspect.
- operator-network as well as wifi drop to zero and then get back to normal many-a-times. i have read atleast one more user reporting this on some other forum. on stock ROM, the operator-network did use to go ON-OFF several times, but not the wifi network. CM10 gives you a bonus in that way!! *www.erodov.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
- i feel that CM10 is good for beginners in custom ROMs; has more options & settings than the stock ROM, and less than its other counterparts like slimbean and AOKP.
- am using CM10 with Smart Launcher, with crystal 2 theme applied, and the UI looks & feels superb!

which build? 8th July?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Using the same for last 1 week and i am quite happy with the performance, battery life etc. And it is snappier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom