Official AT&T Pantech Burst Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ First thing when I get back home. :D
Gonna try Davempers ROM (de-odexed) today. It should at least be better than Fizzmolord.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nope. Don't try that too. I heard lot of bad reviews about that ROM. Will take some time to see some stable and mature ROM.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yep. Better safe than sorry. I am just giving it some more time so we don't end up with a bricked device which is w/o warranty.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Post some screenies. Tell us about the battery backup, usability and how did you installed? Where? Help guides etc.

KyleSforza

Banned
^ First thing when I get back home. :D
Gonna try Davempers ROM (de-odexed) today. It should at least be better than Fizzmolord.
Dude!
At least read the instruction the the thread properly!
OP (UC) said to do a "Wipe data/factory Reset
-Clear dalvik cache"
and then continue playing with OS!

Try CM 10 Alpha build too!

- Pratyush997 asked me to post this on his behalf. :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Dude!
At least read the instruction the the thread properly!
OP (UC) said to do a "Wipe data/factory Reset
-Clear dalvik cache"
and then continue playing with OS!

Try CM 10 Alpha build too!

- Pratyush997 asked me to post this on his behalf. :)

I've flashed ROMs several times so I know what needs to be done. I followed every instruction to the letter, but I still faced issues. You can't blame the driver if the car is a dud.
Besides, the creator refuses to acknowledge that there are problems, doling out the excuse that it works on his phone. Well, in that case, he has no business releasing it into the community; he should keep it to himself since it only works perfectly on his device. :D

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I agreed. He clearly mentions that "if it is not working with your phone, then you are not installing properly". WTF! What if there is really a bug which he missed out?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ The guy even deleted a link that someone posted, describing how to fix the post-installation crashes people were facing, saying external links are not allowed!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ Davemper's ICS:

*download2.clockworkmod.com/developer/12715/4028/JUUS09032012-deodex.zip

Don't forget to unlock the bootloader before installing it! :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Re: Official AT&T Pantech Burst Thread

^^ What about the steps to install this ROM?

Same as any other.

Root it:

[Root]Pantech burst - GizmoLord Forum

Before you begin, you'll need to install Pantech PC Suite and PDANet. (Without PDANet, your computer may not recognize the phone once it's in fastboot. If that happens, just pull the battery and reboot.)

Pantech PC Suite: *c724062.r62.cf2.rackcdn.com/PantechPCSuite_1.1.1.3437.exe

PDANet: Download PdaNet+

If you have trouble getting the phone detected by the computer, try using the USB transfer mode on connection.

Install CWM recovery:

ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst - GizmoLord Forum

Unlock bootloader:

How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst - GizmoLord Forum

Download Davemper's ICS:

*links.desidime.com/?url=*level99.thestuffoflegends.net/Burst/JUUS09032012.zip

De-odexed:

*links.desidime.com/?url=*developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/12715/4028/JUUS09032012-deodex.zip

Installation:

*Copy the file to the root of your external SD card.
*Turn off your phone.
*Power it up while holding the volume down key (release the power button once you see the Pantech logo appear on the screen, but keep the vol. down key pressed until you boot into CWM recovery).
*Go to Mounts and storage and select Format /system
*Select Install zip from SD card --> Choose zip from external SD card
*Select the zip file you copied earlier and install it.
*Wipe data/factory Reset
*Clear dalvik cache
*Mount /system from mounts and storage
*Reboot

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Thanks for the info man. Will try it this Sunday. Also posted this in original post so no one will ask you after this. :D

pratyush997

Inactive
Re: Official AT&T Pantech Burst Thread

@Kl@w-24 How about CM 10 (Public Release)

No Battery optimizations though! :p

pratyush997

Inactive
Installed Gizmolord 4 RC7 ROM. meh, don't get what the hype's all about. A lot of my apps crashed on first boot!!
I'll try LiteICS later this week, I guess.

^^ Well, Gizmolord guy claims that it is working fine with his device and blah,blah and i heard lot of whining in that thread. So i stayed away from that ROM.

UPDATE :
Going to add some pics taken from my phone and if possible, video too.

Folks IMO it's the best ROM out there and yeah another guy over xda faced issues like you(klaw) but it fixed after formating system (afaik) btw I'm waiting for CM and AOKP, cm is almost completed but the camera app is FCs in latest build!
I'm waiting :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Folks IMO it's the best ROM out there and yeah another guy over xda faced issues like you(klaw) but it fixed after formating system (afaik) btw I'm waiting for CM and AOKP, cm is almost completed but the camera app is FCs in latest build!
I'm waiting :D

I used the base ROM instead. Pretty happy with it so far. :)
That ROM's reviews have a hint of the placebo effect, so people are not willing to speak up even when they're facing some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom