Office 2003 SP2 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

With no prior notification, Microsoft has just released the Final version of Office 2003 SP2, this new updates brings many updated & increses the stability of the entire office 2003 family

This new updates includes all the prvious updates, so weather U have Office 2003 SP1 installed or not this will install, also U don't need office 2003 SP1 to be installed prior to installing this

It also bring the anti-phishing updates to Outlook 2003, for this U will need the SP2 & the latest Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter

The update has been released in 2 forms, first one is the Client file, which needs the Office 2003 CD to be in the drive, & cannot be used for slip-streaming, while the 2nd one is the full file, which will install even if the Office 2003 CD is not available & can be used for Slipstreaming in the CD itself

Client Installation 51 MB

Full installation 104 MB

U can find a guide to slipstream Office 2003 SP2 in the CD here

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yup got it... autoupdate has just started the download... thought post it on the forum... but alas!! u noticed it 1st...

any way... its a free download... no windows Validation is needed...

& hay... search engines r still unable to find Microsoft Office 2003 SP2

Netjunkie

In the zone
Thanks a lot for the info.

Downloading it right away.

But why wasnt there any publicity given to this by MS.

sms_solver

In the zone
yes Digit should include it in its DVD.

BTW why can't Microsoft make full proof software, that does not need any service packs

Sourabh

Laptoping
huh? Service packs are not just some security upgrades but allow many more features and updates.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
GX said:
while the 2nd one is the full file, which will install even if the Office 2003 CD is not available & can be used for Slipstreaming in the CD itself

Nope... i downloaded the Offline Full Installetion File full 104MBs of it... but still it is asking for the CD...

*img396.imageshack.us/img396/5210/012tf.jpg

*img396.imageshack.us/img396/5064/003od.th.jpg

mohit

The Hardware Labs
thanx a lot for the update. windows update started downloadig it for me and good i checked , it had downloaded around 10 mb already (which is too much for me as i am on dataone ) .. i disabled the auto update completely and will download the full file tnite. but y is the full file still asking for the cd ???

@saurav_cheeta
did u delete the installation files folder that is creating during the installation of office 2003 ? its named "MSOCACHE" and is usually around 225 mb. maybe u deleted it thats y itas asking for the cd. do confirm.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mohit said:
@saurav_cheeta
did u delete the installation files folder that is creating during the installation of office 2003 ? its named "MSOCACHE" and is usually around 225 mb. maybe u deleted it thats y itas asking for the cd. do confirm.

nope... that hiden folder "MSOCACHE" still exist in my OS instalation drive...

try the FULL file install.. then post back that whether u also had to insert that source...

rajat22

In the zone
@saurav

Yes, you are required to insert original CD to get this update.
This may be a way to validate. :eek: :wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rajat22 said:
@saurav

Yes, you are required to insert original CD to get this update.
This may be a way to validate. :eek: :wink:

i dont think its a question of original or parecy... as its a free download & free instaletion... & i was installing it offline... so no question of online validation check... & mind u.. it didnt asked for the CD.... rather it asked for the source... check the screenshot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom