nVidia Geforce 8=Ageia PhysX

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
*www.techpowerup.com/images/news/nvidia.gif
Video card giant NVIDIA, which completed the acquisition of AGEIA Technologies the day before, is now starting to port AGEIA's PhysX engine software to run on its GeForce 8 cards, according to The Tech Report. During a financial call, NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hseun Huang revealed that the ported engine will bring enhanced physics capabilities to all of the company's existing GeForce 8 cards.
We're working toward the physics-engine-to-CUDA port as we speak. And we intend to throw a lot of resources at it. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it helps our GPU sales even in advance of [the port's completion]. The reason is, [it's] just gonna be a software download. Every single GPU that is CUDA-enabled will be able to run the physics engine when it comes... Every one of our GeForce 8-series GPUs runs CUDA.

Huang also added that the integration shall encourage people to spend more on graphics processing hardware, and maybe start to buy two or three graphics cards, where one of them will work for physics only.

Source

OP
quadroplex780

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Though PhysX processing can be done on 1 card 2 GPU(s) of the same kind may not be necessary for increasing PhysX performance u may also buy 1 high end and another mid end card and then force the PhysX processing on mid range card or u can buy another low end card for physX processing.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
You dont have to wait... They have mentioned that it is only a software update...
Its not only about this thing.
There are loads of regular updates in hardware which makes me delay my decision.
Anyways now planning to buy a laptop.
Keeping an eye in Mobile Monsters section :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom